Tennessee

Murfreesboro Brides?!?!?

Hello all! Anyone getting married in Murfreesboro? We have an April 17, 2010 wedding planned and are on a strict buget as most people are these days:) I am having a hard time finding a decent priced caterer, dj, photographer, and church to get married in. I am fairly new to the area and had hired a wedding planner but she turned out to be more trouble than she was help! Anyone with any ideas?!?!? Thanks ladies

Re: Murfreesboro Brides?!?!?

• edited December 2011
    I'm living in Murfreesboro, but we're looking at locations in Lebanon for our wedding. We're planning for 11/6/10, so we have plenty of time! I didn't bother with a wedding planner; I'm pretty confident that, with enough resources and help from my mom, I can pull it off myself. Like you said, I've heard that they're more trouble than they're worth!As for a DJ, I haven't looked yet. I will be soon though. :)My photographer is actually a friend of mine that lives in Missouri. If I find any good information, I'll be sure to pass it along! :)
  • viccimarieviccimarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies, I'm actually getting married this Saturday in Smyrna. I hear you on the budget! I have found a wonderful photographer with prices that amazed me and the quality of her pictures I really really love! when I started getting down to the last two weeks I realized I needed a planner and she has been wonderful and has taken a load off of me so much. i recommend them especially for the day of. if you need more info or tips email me at viciv703 at aol.com
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! Churches are a bit difficult in the Boro area. Check out College Grove Methodist Church. A little outside of the area but open to non-members. (I'm helping friends plan their October 24th wedding there). For photography, you might check our MFisher Photography and WendyCPhotography. These two often work together and you might get two photographers for the price of one! Meagan is a co-worker of mine and great to work with! Enthusiastic and eager to please. Catering: You might try Candlelight Cuisine. She is local and reasonable and works from home. Her prices will probably be cheaper than others. DJ - Your best bet might be to rent the equipment on your own (about $250 from Austin Audio in Nashville) and make your own playlists on someone's laptop...we did that for our E.TN wedding and had a friend DJ. It was perfect and he was able to add a non-cheesy flair to the event. Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having a hard time finding a place for the ceremony as well.  My church is already booked during the time window that we want (late July/early August).  We're thinking of moving things to Crossville.  We like things to be traditional w/ a twist, and we've found a 5-story treehouse there that has a chapel inside of it.

Another caterer to check out is "Through the Grapevine."  I'm not sure of their costs, but they are familiar with weddings and the food is great.  My fiancee used to work there, and is still friends w/ the owner, so we're hoping to get a discount for ours.  

For DJ's: If you like swing/blues music, I would suggest emailing Kyla from First and Cedar in Cookeville.  She's a friend of mine who DJs and has a lot of other connections. She's usually willing to travel to Murfreesboro. Even is she can't do it, she knows a lot of people across the plateau and in Nashville. Email address: firstandcedar@gmail.com.

Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    I have heard that the boro is a difficult place to find a church (I went to MTSU for undergrad, currently in grad school in MS, but getting married in Hendersonville, TN).  Have you tried looking in surrounding cities (like Smyrna?) for locations? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards