DC

Does this sound stupid to you all?

SchnebsSchnebs member
First Comment
I am working on figuring out what I want to do with the welcome bags.  I looked at getting some VA Peanuts for everyone but that might get cost prohibitive.  I know how to make candy so I was thinking of getting peanut shaped candy molds, peanut butter candy melts, and then chopping up some VA peanuts and mixing them into the candy.  Then pour it into the molds and bag up a bunch in a celophane bag.  That way people can have "real Virginia peanuts" but it is also candy.  I was then going to get a VA shaped mold and make 1-2 of each of those in just chocolate.  Does that sound totally stupid?  I thought it was a cute idea but have recently been questioning myself because when I told my mom about it she just looked at me like....um...k.  Thoughts?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Does this sound stupid to you all?

• edited December 2011
    Itdoesn't sound stupidat all.  If anything it sounds like a lot of work.  However, still a good, creative idea.  Who doesn't like candy.  Good luck and happy planning.
  • SchnebsSchnebs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thankfully it doesn't take but a few minutes to melt and put the candy into the molds.  There are 18 molds per sheet so they should go by fast (going to buy like 6 so I can do multiple sets at once and then you throw the trays in the fridge for 10-15 and then pop then out.  :)
  • lazymoon17lazymoon17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would be more concerned about people with peanut allergies...more people have them than you would think. But it sounds like a cute idea besides that!
  • SchnebsSchnebs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_dc_this-sound-stupid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:57Discussion:f5f8c698-3df1-4158-a5e5-f6975699123cPost:333fd04c-a5ab-4da4-aa08-b11f0e809e5c">Re: Does this sound stupid to you all?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would be more concerned about people with peanut allergies...more people have them than you would think. But it sounds like a cute idea besides that!
    Posted by lazymoon17[/QUOTE]

I'm going to actually put a note on the tag that says "THIS DOES CONTAIN NUTS!" and when I make the candy in the pots on the stove, they are going to be in different ones than the candy without nuts.  I don't think I have a person with peanut allergies in attendance but I would rather be safe than sorry.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    It doesn't sound stupid, but I'm not entirely sure how it's going to be any cheaper... peanuts aren't really that expensive unless you're giving out a pound apiece, and it'll probably be a LOT of work.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker

VOTE on my Name List

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_dc_this-sound-stupid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:57Discussion:f5f8c698-3df1-4158-a5e5-f6975699123cPost:712fa59b-86d7-40b9-bf82-a1435ea3859e">Re: Does this sound stupid to you all?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it's a great idea!!  And since you're putting a personal touch on it, I'm sure the guests will appreciate it.
    Posted by MSSJF[/QUOTE]

I was going to say the exact same thing!
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, it sounds like your guests will be very lucky!  Mine will not receive welcome gifts/bags, etc.  Our venue is in a historic inn in Annapolis, so I'm sure we can grab something "touristy" for our guests the day before the wedding. 

Have fun!!
  • edited December 2011
    We made welcome baskets for the guests staying at the hotel where we are getting married at and I think they will appreciate them.  It will be something that weren't expecting to receive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards