Christian Weddings
Options

Change of Plans

FI and I are going to marry on Friday afternoon at the courthouse.

I've been diagnosed with an illness than needs treatment ASAP is a big reason why. We're planning a family reception next summer.

Another major reason is the intense pressure that we've felt from our church community to not cohabit. I hate to say it, pressure is annoying....but the out and out shunning that we've felt since he moved in has been just horrific. FI has attended that church for a quarter of a century, and for those long time friends and aquaintances in church to treat him and his bride this way....it has really gotten his goat.

I'll try to post pics....
"Who died and made you Dagon?" - stackeye210 I'm supposed to be falling for myself...and not falling for just any guy out there in the world.....

Re: Change of Plans

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry to hear about your illness! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Enjoy your day though! Even though there are some outside forces that are pushing you to move it up, still enjoy it! It is your wedding day after all.
    the reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected. ~nicholas sparks<3</center>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll be praying for your healing!  I hope you have a wonderful wedding day on Friday and enjoy planning your reception for next summer.  Let us know how everything goes!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear about your illness and how you've been treated at church. As Christians we are taught not to judge others, so this saddens me that people are treating you and your FI this way. If they disagree with your decision they should be praying for you not shunning you.

Congrats and can't wait to see pics!
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry about your illness and that the church is reacting that way!  I will be praying for you!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_change-of-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:339edfb6-9f7f-4355-8cbc-7cc6dadb3c38Post:cef1229f-d5ca-49c8-a1c6-98885177eea5">Re: Change of Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry to hear about your illness and how you've been treated at church. As Christians we are taught not to judge others, so this saddens me that people are treating you and your FI this way. If they disagree with your decision they should be praying for you not shunning you. Congrats and can't wait to see pics!
    Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>This. All of it. I am sorry for all this, but I know you will have a beautiful day Friday. I will pray for you guys! You are going to be a wife- celebrate that!    :)</div>
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

It sounds like you are having a terrible time, I am sorry that you are going through this.  Have fun on Friday, and make sure to make it a special day even though (it sounds like) it is sooner than expected - relish the day and take lots of pictures to remember it by!

• Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear about the struggles, but wanted to congratulate you.  Have a great day!!  Make sure to come back and share all about it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_change-of-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:339edfb6-9f7f-4355-8cbc-7cc6dadb3c38Post:cef1229f-d5ca-49c8-a1c6-98885177eea5">Re: Change of Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry to hear about your illness and how you've been treated at church. <strong>As Christians we are taught not to judge others, so this saddens me that people are treating you and your FI this way</strong>. If they disagree with your decision they should be praying for you not shunning you. Congrats and can't wait to see pics!
    Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This is exactly what cross my mind. I am sorry you have been diagnosed with this illness but remember, at the end of the day, you are marrying the love of your life and that is all that matters. Best of luck with the planning and I can't wait to hear all about it! Praying for your health and recovery.

</div>

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_change-of-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:339edfb6-9f7f-4355-8cbc-7cc6dadb3c38Post:cef1229f-d5ca-49c8-a1c6-98885177eea5">Re: Change of Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry to hear about your illness and how you've been treated at church. As Christians we are taught not to judge others, so this saddens me that people are treating you and your FI this way. If they disagree with your decision they should be praying for you not shunning you. Congrats and can't wait to see pics!
    Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]

This. I'm so sorry to hear about your health. I will be praying!! I hope you have a wonderful day! Can't wait to hear about it!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    ochemjennochemjenn member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Praying for you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto what everyone has said. I'm sorry they've treated you so unfairly and I hope treatment for whatever you were diagnosed with goes smoothly. I hope you have a nice ceremony at the courthouse and enjoy planning the reception for next summer. *hugs*
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That has to be hard. Christian have this awful thing about shooting their own wounded and it sickens me that there are those like that. We will be praying for your health and for your wedding saturday.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And....the wedding has been postponed. Until when...I don't know. I've been crying all. day. long. about this.

I can get treatment for my illness without insurance.....but I'm going to be in Medical Bill Oblivion for years....getting insured would have solved that issue....

GBK for awhile. I need to take care of me....and get treated.
    "Who died and made you Dagon?" - stackeye210 I'm supposed to be falling for myself...and not falling for just any guy out there in the world.....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hope for only the best for you, and I'll keep you in my prayers.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards