Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Add bridesmaids or cut out groomsmen?

When FI and I were discussing who would be in the wedding party, he listed no less than 5 groomsmen, his brother and a bunch of close friends. My problem is that I have only 3 bridesmaids. I'm a person who has only a few close friends (half of them are male, lol), and my sister is going to be maid of honor, and my two closest girl friends as my other maids. I feel rotten asking FI to cut out groomsmen to make the sides even, but I also cannot add more on my side because I honestly don't have anyone else close enough to me that I would want standing with me on my wedding day.

Is it ok for the sides to be uneven? If not I guess he's just gonna have to suck it up and cut some people, huh?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Add bridesmaids or cut out groomsmen?

• Options
    Uneven sides are fine, cutting wedding party members is not.
  • Options
    Do not add or cut people.  It is 100% okay for uneven sides.
  • Options
    Uneven is fine....

annnnnnnnd you can have men stand on your side....so if you have some really close friends that are men, you can ask them to stand on your side for you. 
  • Options
    Ok thanks, that makes me feel a LOT better! It will probably bother me more than anyone, tho, I'm such a stickler for symmetry, lol, but I didn't want him to have to choose less out of the guys he wants up there with him :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    uneven is fine.

You could also see if you FI has women he would like to be in the wedding (like a sister or something) and put them on your side.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_add-bridesmaids-or-cut-out-groomsmen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:12cf00d1-a433-4b03-a1cd-bd592b7fa2c9Post:472faabb-f24c-4a19-b59c-14ebcf78cbca">Re: Add bridesmaids or cut out groomsmen?</a>:
    [QUOTE]uneven is fine. <strong>You could also see if you FI has women he would like to be in the wedding (like a sister or something) and put them on your side.
    </strong>Posted by thurmanpowell[/QUOTE]

Go to the Wedding Party board to see why this isn't the greatest of ideas.
  • Options
    Uneven sides are perfectly fine.  It's not like you are trying to hook up couples or something.  They are just standing up for you. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_add-bridesmaids-or-cut-out-groomsmen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:12cf00d1-a433-4b03-a1cd-bd592b7fa2c9Post:23a59e59-286e-4936-b8e9-2b1c66fd85ad">Re: Add bridesmaids or cut out groomsmen?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok thanks, that makes me feel a LOT better!<strong> It will probably bother me more than anyone, tho, I'm such a stickler for symmetry, lol, but I didn't want him to have to choose less out of the guys he wants up there with him :)</strong>
    Posted by UberBiz[/QUOTE]

Another thing is, when you look back at your photos of you and your wedding party, you are going to see your friends, not the numbers. Promise
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_add-bridesmaids-or-cut-out-groomsmen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:12cf00d1-a433-4b03-a1cd-bd592b7fa2c9Post:98e6fc7c-70f3-4ea5-b04d-e80bacc56d17">Re: Add bridesmaids or cut out groomsmen?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Uneven is fine.... annnnnnnnd you can have men stand on your side....so if you have some really close friends that are men, you can ask them to stand on your side for you. 
    Posted by HockeyFan4[/QUOTE]

This. My husband and I each had 3, but I had a man (my brother) on my side, along with 2 girls.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Uneven is fine.

I had an uneven sides wedding party (4 BM, 3 GM) and my marriage is still legal.  And the world didn't end.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards