Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Who pays for bridesmaids hair and makeup?

Who pays for bridesmaids hair and makeup? My mom and I are trying to figure this out so we have an idea of our budget, cant seem to find anything on it. Please help!

Re: Who pays for bridesmaids hair and makeup?

• Options
    If you are requiring them to have their hair done and makeup professionally done, then you pay.  If they can choose to have their hair and makup done, then they can pay for it.
  • Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2010
    Ditto Amoro. Anything you are requiring your BMs to have done beauty-wise (hair, nails, make-up, tanning, etc.) you should pay for. If these things are optional, it's generally their responsibility to pay.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    If it is optional, they pay. I have heard of including this as part of their gift but that gets expensive very quickly.
  • Options
    I'm with everyone else.  If you require it, you should pay for it especially since most of them will be on budgets and they have already bought the dress (likely never to be worn again despite a bride's best intentions of finding one that can be 'worn again') and all of the accessories.  Give them the option, they can pay since they can make the best decision based on their available funds.  If you are giving them the option, get them prices early so they can budget accordingly.
  • Options
    I gave my girls the choice if they want to go to their own person then they pay for it but if they with me to my lady then my mom & I will pay for their hair. I also offered my girls the same choice about nails 1 is choosing to have her own girl do it so she we will be paying and my other two girls took me up on the offer of using my person so I will be paying for theirs. Oh all 3 of my girls chose for my lady to do their hair so my mom & I will be paying for all of it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I chose to just leave it up to my bridesmaids.  If they want to get their hair professionally done, they sure can, but it's not in my budget.  If they do their own hair (or help do each other's hair in the bridal room before the wedding) then I'm sure they will look beautiful- they all always have nice hair and make-up. 

I felt kind of awkward telling my bridesmaids  One said, "oh, we're doing our own hair?" in a tone that sounded like she didn't like that-- but then I sad that yes she can do her own hair, or I have a talented cousin that will be there to assist if needed.  She was fine with that.  And she has 11 months to figure out how she wants to do it.  
  • Options
    I couldn't possibly afford for all 8 of my bridesmaids to get theirs done, so they had the option of getting both, one, or none.  That way they know what they can afford.  Ideally, I would have loved to treat them all to some pampering, but honestly, not all girls like having their make-up professionally done anyway.

I agree with the others though, if you're requiring them to have it, you should be paying for it.  If its an option, then they should't have a problem paying for it!
  • Options

If you give the option and leave it up to them, it's okay for BMs to pay for it, although I think it's a wonderful gesture to pay, if you can afford it. What I plan to do is give a Gift Card for a certain amount to the salon we'll be going to and any additional costs over that amount, the girls can cover...at least this way your cutting the cost down for them.

• Options
    edited August 2010
    You definatly do! If your choosing to make them dress a certain way, and do their hair and makeup a certain way, thats your responsibility...i am asking all of my girls to just do there makeup simple with no bold colors, same with there nails and toes.  There hair is up to them alos.  I am just buying a small flower or broach for each of them to put in it so they all look unified!

• Options
    I was definitely wondering this same question! 

I talked to my maids about it (I'm only having 2 and they're like sisters to me so they knew where I was coming from) and one of them actually feels uncomfortable with someone touching her hair and face so she wanted to do her own makeup and hair; I'm totally fine with that! I just said she needs to do a "test" run a few days before the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards