Getting in Shape
Options

I'm Starting Today!

Thanks to the encouragement of the Knotties on the board here, I purchased New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women.  I thought I'd start next week, but decided to just go for it and I'm starting tonight.  I'm planning on two workouts a week for the next eight weeks, while still doing some running and kickboxing just for fun.  I'm really excited about this program, especially regarding raising my calories.  Ok, I'm also really worried about raising my calories.  I'm hoping to be able to stick to the ratios; I know I need to work on increasing protein.  
Thanks for the inspiration ladies, any additional tips on the beginning process are much appreciated!

Re: I'm Starting Today!

• Options
    Just do it! It's awesome! Uppings cals sounds weird, but it's really the best thing to do :) Have fun!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Good Luck!
  • Options
    SO...I survived.  It wasn't as scary as I expected, but there were definitely times towards the ends of sets that I felt like I couldn't go on.  I think I will increase weights again next workout, just keep pushing myself along.  My free gym doesn't have barbells, so I'm using free weight dumbbells for everything; on the squats my wrists were in so much pain at the end, like my muscles could have handled way more weight, but my wrist, just a bit.  Does this improve or should I be doing something additional?
    TIA
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards