California-Northern
Options

Poll: Cooking for Thanksgiving?

What are you cooking if you are cooking?

Re: Poll: Cooking for Thanksgiving?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just found out my husband volunteered me to cook thanksgiving dinner. No one is really wanting to do it this year since there was a death recently in his family. We'll probably do something small at our house. 

I know we'll probably have a really small crowd, but it still makes me nervous to cook all by myself. Sure I've cooked all the sides and stuff before, but I've never done the turkey by myself. It makes me anxious.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    anglyn, kudos to you for making thanksgiving dinner! the turkey isn't so scary. i made my first one last night and it came out wonderful (or so they say... hehe). here's the recipe i used. good luck!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Homestyle-Turkey-the-Michigander-Way-2/Detail.aspx
  • Options
    apple_greenapple_green member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also cooking this year - my very first time! I feel the same as you Anglyn. I know I can make all the sides but the turkey will be my first. I actually was planning to use the same recipe riva posted! I'm excited Laughing Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm super impressed by you ladies!

I definitely lack experience in the cooking department, and there is no way I have the skills right now to pull off cooking a Thanksgiving dinner.  I am hoping to observe my mom this year though so I can be more useful next year, and FI's mom is also going to teach me how she makes her turkey pot pies (yummmmm).  Maybe next year I can follow in all your footsteps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards