Wedding Party

Bridesmaid dress brand??

I'm looking for bridesmaid dresses. I found a few I like. I am going for a chifon material. Can anyone suggest a certain brand they like that is a resonable price (under $200)?

Thanks,
Ashley

Re: Bridesmaid dress brand??

• My girls got Bill Levkoff chiffon dresses. Most were between 150200. They look great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Alfred Angelo has a wide variety of chiffon dresses. The 9 my BM looked at ranged from 110-170.
  • Alfred Angelo, my girls dresses range from $99-$155, they have tons of styles and color options.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge: Cake image
  • Well, we have all been in each other's weddings and we usually spend around $120-$150 for a BM dress. Alterations are going to be done by a family friend for free who does amazing work. So far I like the after six chiffon in the color firecracker (its a darker coral), but I'm not crazy about the styles that are available in a short length. Love the style in the long but I'm not sure if I want to do long dresses. I like the Bill Levkoff styles better but not as crazy about the coral color he offers. I tried on both, seems like the after six is more true to size. I haven't looked at Alfred Angelo yet.

I'm having a sept 21st wedding, would it look weird to do long dresses at that time of yr?
  • I just wore a Bill Levkoff as a BM for a friend's wedding, the fit and color was gorgeous, definitely a dress I could wear again to a formal event.
  • My BMs wore a Jordan chiffon dress that was 135.
  • My bridesmaids are wearing Mori Lee........chiffon and long, 140.00
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridesmaid-dress-brand?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:3dd36c9c-2e98-4da3-b631-d69d03e969eePost:94314afa-d0ea-46f0-ac6a-364a00d28492">Re: Bridesmaid dress brand??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, we have all been in each other's weddings and we usually spend around $120-$150 for a BM dress. Alterations are going to be done by a family friend for free who does amazing work. So far I like the after six chiffon in the color firecracker (its a darker coral), but I'm not crazy about the styles that are available in a short length. Love the style in the long but I'm not sure if I want to do long dresses. I like the Bill Levkoff styles better but not as crazy about the coral color he offers. I tried on both, seems like the after six is more true to size. I haven't looked at Alfred Angelo yet. I'm having a sept 21st wedding, would it look weird to do long dresses at that time of yr?
    Posted by abenefiel[/QUOTE]
    "Usually spend" isn't really the best way to do it.  Financial situations can change, and it doesn't help you if someone agrees to go along with the price so as not to make waves when they know they won't be able to come up with the money.  It's best to sit them down individually, ask what they're comfortable spending on the dress, and let them give you the numbers.  If they've all done this before, then they're probably going to give the numbers you mention, but it's just a precaution against nasty surprises when it comes time to order.  (And trust me, we have people come in with those nasty surprises all the time.)
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Jasmine, B2 line, long chiffon dress... it was $154 (however... girls got a 20% discount for buying it at the salon I bought my dress)
  • My girls will also be wearing Bill Levkoff! 

we are ordering from pearlsplace.com One on the few legit companies! :) They ar wonderful and have great prices and no tax! The dresses were originally around $180-$200 but at Pearl's Place they are around $120-$130!

And my wedding dress is $200 cheaper there!

Good luck!
  • Also try netbride.com 
  • If you're just trying to get a brands ball park price you might want to check out www.frenchnovelty.com , I've worked here for a year now and even with planning my wedding I have found that some of the best bridesmaids prices are here. Larger parties sometimes receive coupons for their purchase and some vendors are even discounted up to 20%. As both an employee and a bride I am highly impressed with the services provided in the bridal department and would recommend them to friends and family without thinking twice! I hope this helps and I wish you a wonderful wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards