Michigan-Lansing

Baryames

Is anyone using Baryames for their tuxes? At the bridal show today, they had a special if you go in by next month (I think we have til the 10th) you get $25 off each tux, plus the groom's is free (love that). I also spun the wheel they had for extra savings, and won an additional free tux rental. (I was really hoping for half off the wedding party, but a free one is nice too!) The only other option I can think of would be Men's Warehouse. I think we'll definitely go in and check them out, I don't want to waste the extra savings without at least looking. All we have to do to lock in the discounts is pay a $20 registration fee and select the style we want. Of course, the wedding isn't til 10-1-11, so is that too early to decide on tuxes? We have a pretty good idea of what we're looking for. I'm not sure how we'd decide who gets the free one, either. I'd actually like to let my dad have it, but I guess we'd wait til it got closer and see how everyone's jobs are going, if anyone is in need of assistance and what not.

I've heard some iffy things about the Lansing location, but we'll be going to Okemos. And I am a total moron. I realized after I got home that I wrote the wrong number of tuxes needed on the sheet. I only counted the groomsmen, the 2 ushers, and my dad. I forgot about the groom! LOL. I guess the worst thing is we wouldn't get $25 off on of the tuxes when we add an extra one. Maybe they'll be nice and let us have it still. :) The funny thing is I counted with my bm, and she didn't realize either! Whoops.

Anyway...thoughts on tuxes?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Baryames

• gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Other than Men's Wearhouse you can also try President Tuxedo.  They opened a store on Central Park Dr in Okemos last spring.  My H got a tux there for an awards dinner and they did a nice job.

You may want to check with Baryames, I think the $20 registration fee is refundable if you decide to go with someone else later.  My DD signed with them originally at a bridal show and then changed her mind.  She was able to get the fee back.

• lvasilenlvasilen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just used Barayames and liked them a lot!
  • kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I need to definitely make an appt to go in. They are really close to us too, so we have no excuses!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're going with Baryames in Okemos. We registered our wedding party the last time we were in town and we get so much off each one for having at least 6 rentals and the groom's is free. They were the most reasonably priced in the area, somewhere around $128 for the whole ensemble. I'd recommend them. FI and I are very pleased with them so far. If you go to the Okemos branch, hopefully you get Charlie. He's very helpful and great to work with. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards