South Carolina-Charleston

Help need advice!

Hello everyone! I am planning a destination wedding in Charleston and I'm looking for a place to have a wedding. I found a place called the Charleston chapel for weddings and it seems like a nice place to have a small ceremony. We plan to have the reception at the High Cotton... What are your thoughts on this selection? We are on a budget so it seems very affordable. We have about 60 guest.

Re: Help need advice!

• katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You should check out the private dining rooms at High Cotton in person before making your decision. We looked at them for our reception of 35ish people and the rooms were a little on the small side even for our number of guests.  We ended up going with McCrady's because their rooms are much better size, and their prices are about the same as High Cotton.  I don't know what you plan on for your reception, such as dj, space for dancing, ect, but I highly suggest checking the place out in person first so you can get a true sense of how much space you have to work with. HTH!
  • hull91hull91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about venues, but if you're looking for ceremony music or background classical music, I would definitely recommend Black Tie Event Staffing.  They can find any type of musical combination of instruments.  Very professional and afordable.  Good luck  :)
  • edited December 2011
    High Cotton is a bit on the small side. Check Tristan or Rue de Jean. Rue de Jean has a very pretty room upstairs so it is totally private and their food is amazing!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards