Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

How many....

How many photographers did you meet with before you made the decision to go with one for your wedding day?

To date, I think I've met with 8-10 and it sucks. This is the hardest part so far of the wedding planning and it's stressing me out. I found one lady I was going to use, sent my deposit and she never cashed it or wrote me back about receiving it and my wedding so I stopped paid it. Since then, I've met with 3 others and I seem to find something about each person I don't like...whether it's price, their pictures when I see them in person...I just hope this ends soon with a photographer!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How many....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We met with one and a half. One we actually met with and the other we just communicated prices and contracts through emails and phone calls. We ended up booking the one that we actually met with. The one we were communicating with through emails ended up booking another bride for our same date before we signed the contract and she had too many fine print details in her contract that made sure that what ever happened she got her money even if something happend to our photos. So that turned us off big time. So I'm glad we went with George from RC Photography. I love his work and he's so nice. And he worked with our budget so that's a plus too.  

Maya
    (ISSR Shiloh Shepherd)
    wedding websites
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This was hard for me too.  I think I met with 4 or 5 but I must have communicated with dozens by email.  It's worth it though to find the perfect photographer, which I ended up doing.  Have you checked your local board for some recommendations?  That could help also.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Shorty4eva84Shorty4eva84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stephie what local board are you talking about? I've emailed a bunch and some when they told me their price it was out of my price range or too expensive for the little you got. Most of the ones I"ve met with in person I didn't like their work which sucks in a way but if I'm going to spend all that money for a photographer then I want to get something good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_many?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:30Discussion:f5847550-5133-47be-9aab-fdd7fa4a3a8ePost:e8f8ab4b-8443-4530-a9e7-5ec2f399c3aa">Re: How many....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stephie what local board are you talking about?Posted by Shorty4eva84[/QUOTE]

If you click on "Local Wedding Boards" under "Community", there should be one for your area and if it is active, you can get some recommendations from brides in your actual area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards