Military Brides

Sending Cookies Overseas

I want to send s ome homemade cookies to my FI for Christmas. I am wondering if any of you have done that. What cookies are best and don't get stale right away, and how did you pack them?
Thanks.

Re: Sending Cookies Overseas

• AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited November 2012
    I have! I have sent Chocolate Chip Cookies, Snickerdoodles, and Brownies to name a few. I am a huuuge baker. The best method I have found is to wrap everything really well in plastic wrap 2 or 3 times. I for cookies normally do stacks of 4 to 6. Then I put them in a tupperware container with a piece of bread. I really don't know what the bread does, but apparently it always is hard while the cookies are still good.
    Photobucket
  • So this is a whole month later, and you've probably mailed them already, but I figured I'd chime in- harder cookies will fare best (like biscotti), but unless you're sending something really crumbly/sticky, they should be fine. I usually do thin plastic tupperware containers and separate layers of cookies with a few layers of parchment paper or napkins, then include a 4 or 5 inch piece of apple peel or a piece of white bread on top, like the LP. Both of these things won't spoil easily, but do have high moisture contents, so as the cookies dehydrate and get stale, they'll instead pull moisture from the peel/bread. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards