Wedding Woes

I thought I was going to be trampled yesterday

Hobby Lobby is serious business right now you guys.

They were having 50% of their shadowboxes.  DH's was $100, so that was a signficant savings for us.  But man, the people in there?  It was packed and they were hostile.  I felt so sorry for some of the workers, the lady checking us out looked like she was ready to drop.  Mom was still looking at something at 7. I told her we had to get out soon b/c they closed at 8 and those registers would be a madhouse.  And they were.  I wish that store would upgrade their check out system.

Re: I thought I was going to be trampled yesterday

• Hobby Lobby scares me. Its like people change when they walk in the door. Normal people suddenly go crazy and have to sprint around the store barely stopping to look at things nor caring about who might be in their way.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one." ~C.S. Lewis

• I admit, to save $100, I would shop at the Jesus store. But this had better be a one-time thing, V! ;)

And seriously at their checkout. Before I got all uppity about where I shop, I did buy stuff there for the boys' nurseries. I had some stuff go on sale the next week, but they couldn't tell anything about my purchase from the receipt, just which department it was, because it was like, old-school, 1982 receipts with no electronic record behind it. Jesus wants you to join the 21st century, yo.

• DG, you know I"m on board with you.  IDK where else to buy craft stuff at some point though.  I do have some limitations on local stores here.  We have one MIchael's but it makes me feel claustrophobic and I don't usually have issues with spaces.  It has probably 3 stores worth of stuff crammed into 1.  I fear the basket aisle toppling on me.

Yes, Mom had a small return with the receipt and it was not easy.  Hardest $3.22 return ever.
  • Yeah, those registers are...speyshul. Must be someone's odd idea of cost savings...get a huge discount on registers that can't be utilized for einventory....like trader joes not selling anything by weight so they don't have to maintain and calibrate scales...only it takes the store back to the early 1980s.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • YES!  I don't understand how you can have a giant store full of bar-coded-made-in-China merchandise and not use a damn scanner.  I mean, it's not like they sell all sorts of custom crap that is just easier to do it this way.  It is really cheaper to pay someone to put a label on every single tiny package of beads and every tube of paint?  Really?  You really don't loose money from employees who go ahead and give their friends the 50% discount on picture frames when it is only poster frames that are 50% off this week?  Really?  REALLY?

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards