Ohio-Northeast

Honeymoon

I am getting married June 24, 2011 and we can only get away for our HM like 3-4 days/nights.  I was wondering if anyone had an suggestions for someplace secluded and romantic in Ohio.  I am from Youngstown Ohio so someplace other than around here.  Thanks in advance!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honeymoon

• l337Jacquil337Jacqui member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think the cabins in hocking hills are romantic :) they have hot tubs, and sometimes pool tables in the cabins as well! each one is different, but you can see what each cabin includes. the prices are pretty reasonable too! it's a fun getaway :)

jacqui + erik 7.10.10
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    **Planning Bio**

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Hocking Hills area is beautiful if you're into hiking and it's a great place to relax. We stayed at Marsh Hollow cabin when we were there. It is secluded, cute, has all amenities including a hot tub and the price was right.

If you'd prefer a more urban getaway, there are a few B&Bs in or near downtown Cleveland -- Glidden House is near University Circle (Cleve. orchestra, art museum, other cultural things). On the west side, there is Stone Gables B&B in Ohio City.

Or, maybe you'd be up for something in Amish Country (Middlefield, Berlin, etc)?

Or, one of the state park lodges? Mohican State Park Lodge, the Lodge at Geneva, Salt Fork, etc?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • wesbride11wesbride11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks.  We were thinking about Berlin but not sure.  I checked out Hocking Hills and it looks amazing but not sure.  I dont think we want Cleveland just because we have been up there so many times...especially by University Hospital.  I will look into all the places you guys suggested.  Thank you so much for your input!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jaylii9jaylii9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I stayed at the Inn at Honeyrun a couple of years ago and had a great time. That is right enar Berlin too. The Inn and grounds were peaceful, the staff was nice, and we got massages at their spa which was great too!

If you end up going to the Berlin area, be sure to check out Koblentz chocolates and Heini's cheese chalet!

If you would like to head up to the Lake Erie area, I reccomend The Lodge at Geneva on the Lake. Lot of Wineries to visit in the area, Eddies Grille, the beach etc...
  • wesbride11wesbride11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Jaylii.  We have both been to Geneva alot so I think we are gonna head to Berlin.  I already have those places on my list to check out.  Thanks!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I second and third the Hocking Hills idea. I used to live in southern Ohio and this was a annual trip. Now it's not as close we are actually thinking of doing a mini-vacation next year.

It is beautiful. Have fun whatever you decide.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have stayed at the Honeycombs at the Inn at Honeyrun (I want to try out their cabins as well) and Carlisle Inn and Loved both.  For a different location yet - a friend had her HM at Falling Rock ( Nemacolin Woodlands Resort) over the border in PA and LOVED it (Plus there are several different lodging options there) -
     www.nemacolin.com/accommodations/falling-rock">http://www.nemacolin.com/accommodations/falling-rock
  • kendersonkenderson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the Hocking Hills Idea as well! The cabins are so nice and they're secluded, peaceful, and romantic.  Not sure exactly how far you wanted to travel, but Put-in-Bay has a lot of nice little B&B's.  I've never been there myself, but from what I've heard there's a lot to do for a nice little get away.  My fiance thought about going there because I'll be right smack in the middle of my nursing classes when we get married, and I can't take a whole week off school, so we're doing a quick little get away too.  Good luck!
    Tigers love pepper...they hate cinnamon Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If you have a passport I would say, Go to Niagra Falls!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might also consider a Vermilion area B&B. We stayed at 5 Corners B&B for our anniversary one weekend. It's actually in Amherst, 10 min from Vermilion which is super cute for walking around, and home of Chez Francois, an amazing dinner spot. Also, it's not too far from Put In Bay if you wanted to make a day trip to any of the islands.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    theres a place in Perrysburg called belamere suites. http://www.belameresuites.com/ its nice.

~Michelle
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards