Registry and Gift Forum

2 Items on a Registry??

I want a Dyson (and a slow cooker) but more concerned about the Dyson. I have a registry at Crate and Barrel, Williams Sonoma, and Pottery Barn and we found everything we could every possibly want there.  Can I make a Target registry and only put a Dyson and a slow cooker on it? I feel like it is demeaning a little.... any thoughts? 

Thanks!!

PS. The slow cookers at our current registries are all too big for us. We will be in an apartment for awhile...
image 66 invited
image 16 are coming! image 11 toasting from afar image 39 are mistaking us for telepaths
Created by Wedding Favors

Re: 2 Items on a Registry??

• I would just use cash gifts to buy the dyson yourself!
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com
  • 2 items won't give your guests a range of prices if they choose to shop from that registry.  You could use any cash gifts towards them or spread the word that you're also saving up for a Dyson.
  • Also, more than 3 registries can come off as being gift grabby even if there's not much on each one.  Just something to consider.
  • I think it's fine. No one will think you're greedy if you only have two items on one registry. Register for what you want to register for. I have four registeries simply because my main two don't have the fine china or stoneware I like, and that's not my fault.
  • I agree with Panda.
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_2-items-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:c77206be-96a3-44ae-b995-55ebf289c26fPost:b4cca4aa-8741-4889-a2b5-c354d0031c1f">Re: 2 Items on a Registry??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I ditto Panda as well
    Posted by Galaxy8227[/QUOTE]

Me too.  You will likely get a lot of cash gifts.
    murrayed
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_2-items-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:c77206be-96a3-44ae-b995-55ebf289c26fPost:245f7bda-f3b9-4231-9c02-15e5f7612086">Re: 2 Items on a Registry??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think four registries is to many and gift grabby.  Can't you find the slow cooker at Williams Sonoma?  Then buy the Dyson with cash gifts. 
    Posted by pandasquishy[/QUOTE]

This.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks! I was thinking the same thing just wanted to double check!
    image 66 invited
    image 16 are coming! image 11 toasting from afar image 39 are mistaking us for telepaths
    Created by Wedding Favors
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_2-items-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:c77206be-96a3-44ae-b995-55ebf289c26fPost:7895b5ef-1baf-4707-ad83-e7e8b82f8e19">2 Items on a Registry??</a>:
    [QUOTE]PS. The slow cookers at our current registries are all too big for us. We will be in an apartment for awhile...
    Posted by JustPeachy89[/QUOTE]

I have a 5 qt slow cooker, and it's just the right size for most roasts or a whole chicken (and whatever veggies I'm cooking with it).  I've tried to use a smaller one in the past, and I usually had trouble fitting all my food in there.  We store it on a shelf when we're not using it.
    murrayed
  • You should use myregistry.com to combine them all--I started out with registries at crate and barrel and williams-sonoma but then I wanted things from a million other places so I just imported the ones I already started to myregistry and now they are in one place but people can find them at the stores still too.

I think you can do this with all of the stores you mentioned except maybe pottery barn. That way even though you would only have 2 things from target, they would show up on your registry with all of the other stuff so it wouldn't look weird and you can just have one registry instead of 4.
  • zippitybzippityb member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2010
    I don't know if this helps, but I bought a Dyson and am disappointed with it. I have gone back to my old, cheapo Bissell.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards