Florida-South Florida
Options

Donating flowers after the wedding?

I really hate the thought of spending so much money on flowers to just have them end up in the garbage. I know that there are some organizations that collect flowers from events to donate to hospitals, hospices, nursing homes, etc. However, I have not been able to find any of these types of organizations in south Florida. Does anyone here know of any? I might just try to contact some hospices individually but I thought it would be easier to use one of those charitable organizations. I much prefer the idea of doing something nice with the flowers (and getting the tax deduction(BONUS!)).

Re: Donating flowers after the wedding?

• Options
    I think your gesture is wonderful!! I was thinking of doing the same and sending a few over to the rehab center which helped my grandma during her recovery for back surgery. Their intense physical therapy helped my grandma gain mobility again when we were told by everyone she would be bed-bound. Personally, I do not know of any hospices but do know of many nursing homes. Are you interested in the ones in Dade? If so, let me know or PM and I can send you a list.

• Options
    We ended up taking our flowers to Plantation General Hospital and they distributed them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards