Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

New to the Board, sorry about long post

Hey Knotties,

You guys have been a tremendous help to me in planning my Vegas wedding. I didn't know where to start until I started reading a bunch of posts.

I got a pretty late start in planning my wedding as it will be this August! I was able to book the Vista Suite last week for August 20. Initailly it was sold out but I kept checking the Mandalay Bay website and it suddenly popped back up, plus I got $100 off with a promocode.

I am going to try and book DJ godzilla for the in-suite reception. Has anyone used him as their DJ? What did you think? Did he play top 40s or wedding songs? Does anyone know any other good DJs in his price range?

I plan on using Masterpiece Caterers. Can the DOC let them in the suite if I'm not there? I plan on hiring Scheme to let them in and get the cake from the lobby and let the DJ in so he can setup. Also I am going to rent coolers from RSVP. Does anyone know if they also rent out chairs? I don't think the suite will have enough sitting space. I plan on about 50 guests coming.

Next I have to reserve the chapel at the Chapel of the Flowers. I've noticed that the price for the package that I want keeps going up with all these small additions that I want. Anyone else getting married there this August?

I'm debating whether I should hire a photographer. I'm not sure if I will have enough time between the ceremony and reception. Ceremony will be around 6:00pm and Reception at 7:30-8pm ish? I really want professional photographs but I don't want my guests waiting for us. I'm getting a couple passenger buses to pick up guests from their hotels and take them to COF and then to Mandalay Bay for the reception.

More questions to come. Thanks.

http://www.mywedding.com/juanandjenny/
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: New to the Board, sorry about long post

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will be getting married at the COF this coming November.  I will also be having a in-suite reception in the Vista suite.

At COF, I started with one of the minimal packages and added a bunch of things on. In the end I tried looking elsewhere on the strip to keep things in a similar location, but I couldnt get everything I wanted for cheaper than COF offers. I will be  there in June for my sisters wedding, so lets hope I still like it.

As far as the DJ, i can't help you out. 

One other bride, molly75, I think used Scheme recently and she said they were wonderful. They would let all your vendors in for you. I dont plan on hiring a day of coordinator

I will be using Masterpeice as well. Looks Yummy!

As far a photographer.. IMO i would hire one for the day. I have hired Todd from Bentley & Wilson. I will have him for 8 hours to cover getting ready, a strip tour and then part of the reception. I am still buying the rights to the CD at COF, but  went with a smaller photog. package since I will havie other photos.  You could have a strip tour or photo opportunities prior to your wedding if you dont want the guest waiting.

Congrats!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    RSVP does rent chairs
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm getting married at the C.O.F in october. Just thought i'd add that they dont allow outside photogs or personal cameras to be used at the venue...sucks i know, not sure if you already knew that..but from your post it sounded like you were wanting to use them for ceremony too, Good luck! and I cant wait to hear all about it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome to the board!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would hire Bently and Wilson too. His prices are SO reasonable and you get ALL your photos too!!! Congrats and Welcome to the board!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you guys. All this planning is pretty exciting. I just put a deposit down today for the COF La Capella Chapel for my date. I emailed a bunch of vendors yesterday and everyone emailed or called back today.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi! welcome!  I was originally booked at COF la capella before we decided to have a ceremony on the strip since we had 60 guests coming instead of 30.  COF was great to work with though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards