Not Engaged Yet
Options

AW: Finally making some progress!

So we booked the church and we're going to sign the contract for the reception venue tomorrow! So excited to get that nailed down so I can move on to other things...like dress shopping this week : )

On a related note, FI's mom got engaged on Wednesday! The funny part is that her Fi wanted to propose on Christmas but decided to hold off since that's when we got engaged...oh and her ring is pretty much IDENTICAL to mine! Funny coincidence but I doubt NO ONE will ever notice except me.

Ok, so a question. FMIL's FI (did you follow, that's confusing!) has two daughters who will be 10 and 8 at our wedding. Would they be too old to want to be flower girls? I don't want to offend them but I would love to include them if possible. TIA!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: AW: Finally making some progress!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The only way to know is to ask them how they'd want to participate. I was a flower girl when I was 6, I think. It was awesome! My ring bearer is 7, and he's cool with it but hesitated at first.

If they don't want to be flower girls, you could ask if they'd like to be junior bridesmaids. That's a little more grown up. When I was a flower girl my cousin was a jr BM and she's only a year older. Just depends on the kids. Laughing

Congrats on the church and venue!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Jenna!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    MattsAnnieMattsAnnie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree I would just ask them. I would think they would enjoy it. Lots of little girls like to dress up, and I think it would make them feel special that you want to include them! And usually at that age theyll tell you if they really dont want to.
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You could also ask FMIL's opinion. Since presumably she knows the girls, she might be a good person to ask.

Congrats on the church and venue!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on getting the church and venue squared away. 

I would also ask FMIL and her FI before asking the girls.  Personally, I think 10 is a little bit on the old side to be a flower girl and I am not a fan of junior bridesmaids.  But that is just me.  At that age, I am pro asking them to hand out programs or helping with the guestbook.  
  • Options
    hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have them be jr bridesmaids or just be in charge of something wedding related if they want. But YAY on getting so much done. Please post the pics on here so everyone can get their wedding dress fix. We like to live vicariously through people. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I like the idea of asking FMIL and her FI first. They will definitely know what the girls will think.

Oh, and I'll post pics as long as I don't look super bad in them (I'm trying to be optimistic but I'm slightly worried I'll look like a whale in all the pictures...had a bad dream about it last night...)!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-finally-making-progress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8a8eb485-875e-4823-badd-78c3b8bb4c3dPost:58f49863-e024-44b5-904e-12cac44ffaa5">Re: AW: Finally making some progress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies! I like the idea of asking FMIL and her FI first. They will definitely know what the girls will think. Oh, and I'll post pics as long as I don't look super bad in them (I'm trying to be optimistic but I'm slightly worried I'll look like a whale in all the pictures...had a bad dream about it last night...)!
    Posted by KD+BC[/QUOTE]

That's silly. Whales don't get engaged! They just swim along waiting for another whale to float along to implant their spawn.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    KD - what's your venue??? Might I know it!??!??

and congrats as well!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our venue is Gilfillan's (it's the old West Hill Country Club) in Camillus which is a suburb of Syracuse. Oh, my friends book Belhurst last week. They are so excited!
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-finally-making-progress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8a8eb485-875e-4823-badd-78c3b8bb4c3dPost:58f49863-e024-44b5-904e-12cac44ffaa5">Re: AW: Finally making some progress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies! I like the idea of asking FMIL and her FI first. They will definitely know what the girls will think. Oh, and I'll post pics as long as I don't look super bad in them (I'm trying to be optimistic but I'm slightly worried I'll look like a whale in all the pictures...had a bad dream about it last night...)!
    Posted by KD+BC[/QUOTE]

Please post pics! We already think you're lovely and want to share in your dress shopping experience. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw thanks ladies! I will post...I promise!
  • Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nice!! Congratulations!!! you must feel good!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards