New York-Hudson Valley

How did you ask your bridesmaids?

Did you do something unique for them or just ask? I'm going to be asking them all soon and just wanted some ideas. Thanks!

Re: How did you ask your bridesmaids?

• kahbkahb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't do anything formal. I just called each one and said something like "we've been friends for a really long time and I'd be honored if...."

HTH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i didnt do anything fancy i either asked in person or ovre the phone,  i was too excited and i'm not crafty, lol
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I just asked.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    I just asked as well over the phone and it worked :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

When i got engaged i knew i wanted my cousin as my Maid of Honor,so when i went to her house i was telling her who i wanted as my bm's and she asked who my Maid of honor was going to be(not knowing i wanted her) i said "i was hoping you would be" she started crying bc she was so happy

If she didnt ask me i would have just asked her like i did the other bm's.

• edited December 2011
    Asked them in person the day after Christmas (we got engaged the 23rd). Wrote a quick note - will you be my matron of honor / maid of honor / bridesmaid and handed it to them with a davids bridal and alfred angelo bridesmaid dress catalogs.

We actually ended up getting Watter's Cherry dresses. But I didn't know that at the time!

Also, we only asked my sister and DH's sister, and they kind of knew they would end up as bridesmaids when Joe and I got engaged. But I thougt the catalog idea was cute. I also post-noted a page with the dress color (DB Wine / AA Claret) we would go with if we used that company.
  • Woodsy62Woodsy62 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I asked them all in person.
  • MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just asked.
    But then for our engagment party, I gave all the girls a build a bear with the color of the dresses they were going to wear. They were adorable

• SandDDSandDD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only girl I did something special for was my MOH. We got engaged right before Christmas so I added a little photobook to her gift with some pictures and asked her to be my MOH.  She had a pretty good feeling she would be it, but this was a small way to make it special. 

It was a very inexpensive way to ask (I did it at CVS for under $10 i believe) Just some pictures and captions.
  • BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had found these little poems to ask them so I printed them on metallic paper and stuck them on paper that made me think of them. They loved it so I was happy
  • gnyzgrlgnyzgrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    took my MOH out to dinner  and made an invitation to go dress shopping for the wedding and then but a PS on the bottom and asked her to be my MOH.  She cried (so did I).
  • edited December 2011
    I just asked them either in person or on the phone. My MOH I asked in person and she freaked out it was great! I think in person is fun to see their reaction!
  • edited December 2011
    I made cards that I mailed to each one asking them and then we all went out for a brunch shortly after. At brunch, I gave each girl a small token gift that I thought they'd like. For my sister, I found this adorable little MOH mug (she has a collection of coffee mugs). For one bridesmaid, I got her the original Father of the Bride movie because she loves old movies. For another, I bought this funny book called www.amazon.com/You-Can-Wear-Again-Celebration/dp/0811850528">You Can Wear it Again of all this hilariously awful bridal party outfits. My junior bridesmaid and flower girl both love to read, I bought them each fiction books that had to do with weddings or being a flower girl/bridesmaid. One was a Beverly Cleary book.
  • edited December 2011
    I just asked
  • edited December 2011
    I wrote a card for each one of my bridesmaids telling them how valuable their friendship was to me & that i couldn't imagine myself getting married without them by my side...

My maid of honor has been my best friend since kindergarten (21 yrs) & when we were little, we always planned weddings for our Barbies... Over the years we have always told one another that we were going to be each other's maid of honor & planned our weddings since fourth grade by going through my aunt's old brides magazines & writing up registries using the JCPenney catalog lol... Anyways my best friend was there the night I got engaged & knew she was going to be my maid of honor, but I didn't officially ask her until a couple days later when I invited her over to watch Grease (our favorite movie)... Not only did I give my maid of honor a card, but I bought a Wedding Day Barbie doll for her because of our favorite childhood pastime of playing with Barbies...  Of course she said yes, but boy oh boy were the tears flowing lol...
    Maggie & Lucas
    July 15, 2011
    Visit HudsonValley.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i actually ordered these amazing cards from zazzles.com and received them in a few days.  For each bridesmaid, i made each card more personalized, and for my maid of honor, i wrote something really special in it, and made her a huge basket of all her favorite things, and little funny reminders of funny moments we have had since the 9th grade, which was 16 years ago.  She LOVED it and it made her that much more excited.  Since i decided to make her my MOH, i wanted to make asking her a little bit more personal.  But, the cards from zazzles were a big hit, and everyone loved them........good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards