Tennessee

Canadian Girl meets American Boy...getting married in the smokeys HELP Ladies!!

Ok, so I've never been married before and I have no idea what I'm doing...but I'm getting married in Tennessee and most of the planning will have to be done long distance.

Most of my family will not be able to attend but some of them do wish to come.
So I'm looking at reception venues possibly a 9 room log cabin up in the smokies so people have a place to sleep. I'm not really sure what my obligations would be to my guests, is it necessary for me to find them lodging or are they expected to do that?  Its not a trip that could ever be considered a day trip for any of my family.  The prospective groom and family lives about an hour away. So a 3 hour reception just doesnt seem like a possiblity
I really was thinking of just a small outdoor wedding, somewhere in the park like cades cove.
The other side of it is once I get my financee visa I move there and have 90 days to get married. and I have no idea when it will come through. Average wait time it 5 months so I'm looking at roughly june/july wedding. If all goes well.. so the planning cannot go forward until I get my visa...it all will have to be done extremely fast.
Help ladies!!!

Re: Canadian Girl meets American Boy...getting married in the smokeys HELP Ladies!!

• First off, you will need to contact the Sevier County court house and see what you need (paperwork wise) to get married.

Secondly there are all kinds of options for getting married in the area. There are tons of chapels, services, ect. It's almost like Vegas So there shouldn't be any issue with fast. Many of the cabin rental places offer wedding packages as well. If you are going to have a lot of out of town guests you may want to look into renting one of the many Bed and Breakfasts that are in the area.

Above The Mist is the only service that I know of that does weddings inside the park so you may want to check with them.
  • Hi, This is so exciting. Congrats! And I wish you all the best. I have some questions about what you are looking for because my fiancé has taken pictures and a log cabin wedding. That wedding was very simple so I was wondering if you are wanting a simple or a more formal wedding? Also how many guests are you expecting and are you wanting for everyone to be close together? You are not required to provide housing for your guests only your wedding party and anyone that is working for you like a photographer. If you have any further questions I would be more than willing to help. I'm also planning a wedding in Chattanooga tn from Maryland so I totally understand your stress.
  • How exciting.  Based on your timing I would say think about weather.  It can be really warm and sticky that time of year not to mention BUSY in the park.  I personally would try to work with a cabin company or bed and breakfast so you could be married on their property without a ton of tourists in your business :)
    http://www.bluemountainmist.com/ a bed & breakfast that also does weddings on site  http://www.seviercountytn.gov/files/MarriageBrochure.pdf tons of names and phone numbers for wedding sites and info
    http://www.parkvista.com/ hotel in Gatlinburg that also does weddings on site.
    There are plenty of options, but in the end though if you are dreaming of a park wedding more power to ya and maybe something I've said will be helpful!  Congrats!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards