Kentucky-Louisville

Help with Bachelorette Party

Ok, my best friend is getting married and I'm planning the bachelorette party for May 29th (Labor Day weekend).  It will be for a 30-35 year old crowd.  I think we want more of a laid back place than 4th street, but still something with plenty of activity where everyone can have fun.  I've got 3 places in mind, but I've only been to 1 before and its been a few years.  Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Help with Bachelorette Party

• inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about a spa day and then dinner at the Melting Pot?  It's a great place, very relaxing, very fun and would be a good end to a nice day! 
  • ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    inkygirl, you took the words right out of my mouth! Jim Porter's is also a good place for fun.
  • kdmoellekdmoelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having the same issue.. trying to find something other than 4th Street. Love the Melting Pot idea!!
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to West Baden Springs for mine.  Spent the night, did spa treatments, and had a really nice dinner at the restaurant there.  It was perfect.  But, I'm not a Bambi-walk kinda girl.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're up for an overnight party, my friends and I went to Brown County Indiana last fall for a bachelorette weekend. My friend's family had a cabin, but you might be able to rent one or even stay in a hotel in Bloomington or Nashville, IN. We shopped in Nashville, IN and had a picnic at Oliver Winery. It was great for everyone because we went home and had cocktails and played games. I felt like I was able to "hang out" with them more than if we had gone to a loud bar.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards