Florida-Central Florida
Options

Affordable caterer

Is it possible to find a caterer that will do a noon wedding for about 80 people under 3K. I want a buffet with 2 entree options, a vegetable , salad and breaad. The quotes start out around 2k but after they add labor charges, beverages (nonalcoholic) and taxes I'm ranging from 2,600 to 3,500 with the 2 quotes I have gotten. I will accept this if I don't have a choice but want to know if anyone can recommend a good caterer that might cut me some slack. I appreciate all responses. Not trying to be cheap but doing wedding on a budget. Thanks

Re: Affordable caterer

• Options
    chiokevanchiokevan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing a buffet dinner for 100 with Puff N Stuff and it's a little over 3 grand. Check them out, I thought they would be pricey but they have been great to work with so far.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Puff-n-stuff totally worked with me on pricing. I got the quote and replied with "I need to reduce this by about $1,000. What can we do?" She was able to knock about $1200 off by adjusting the chair cover prices and taking off one of the appetizers. 
    Planning Bio! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 97 Celebrating in Person
    image 57 Celebrating in Spirit
    image 0 In Postal Limbo
    RSVP Date: October 26
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Big City Catering for our wedding in December. I tried several other caterers only to find out that most of them couldn't accommodate my allergies. Shannon at Big City has been very helpful and def worked with me and my budget.

We're feeding 150 people traditional German food, buffet style (that I can eat) including linen rentals and bar for about $8,000.  We're having what could be considered to be three main dishes as well as four traditional sides , breads and vegies.

I know from having friends that have used Shannon before she can def make any budget work. Hope it helps, but I would def check Big City out 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    John Michael's is very affordable as well. Their food and staff are also great. I didn't feel like they were trying to squeeze me for every penny. He actually talked me out of adding extra horderves. Our guests were very impressed with the food. I can't say enough good things. Worth checking him out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Tuxedo Catering and we are well under that! We have steak, chicken, salad, green beans, potatoes plus we have appetizers of crab cakes & cheese & crackers. They can totally do it, they match other competitor pricing too. We met them at a PWG wedding show. Lehala (sp?) is the main contact for them, she seemed really friendly!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    ashbosityashbosity member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know you've already sort of narrowed it down, but River City could definitely make that happen without a problem. We are doing ribeye steaks (grilled on site) and chicken with 2 sides, salad bar, 2 kinds of bread, a cheese plate, a fruit plate, full bar setup, soda, tea, and lemonade for $26pp. All the service and linens and china are included, the only additional charge was a $100 bartender fee. Tax and 20% service charge bring it up to about $3200 for 100 people. Plus, Angela, the owner is very sweet and personable. We really felt like she cared about us and we weren't just a check on her to do list for the day. Good luck!
  • Options
    positiveccpositivecc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for you responses. I have sent quote request from the cateres you all recommended.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know it's a little belated, but you should check out Two Chicks and a Pot (http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/two-chicks-and-pot-melbourne/website/6e05a1216e2ff31e.html). We looked at a lot of caterers but by far Beth at Two Chicks and a Pot far exceeds them all. The food is amazing and they try and use local and organic produce - did I mention the food was amazing? Literally, my mouth was watering... really really really good! I love food so I wouldn't lie :-D The two owners are among the most sweet and wonderful people I've met. They are also incredibly affordable. $19 per person includes: china, glasses, silverware, napkins, linens (not chair covers though), 2 beverages, 2 butlered appetizers, salad, rolls, a pasta station which includes two types of pasta and three sauces (chicken alfredo, meat marinara, and vodka sauce), a carving station of beef, mashed potatos, and broccoli casserole. For the bar, my fiance and I are using their bartenders ($150 per bartender) and then purchasing our own alcohol so not sure what it would cost if you wanted to do your bar with them. They also do desserts. My fiance doesn't usually like sweets but they kept on bringing us out dessert after dessert to try... amazing!!!! Their cakes and cupcakes are also incredibly delicious and unique... and they were cheaper than Publix (and much much better!)!!!! The great thing is you can tell them your budget, what you want, and they will work with you to try and get you that. I can't speak highly enough about them.
  • Options
    positiveccpositivecc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Kolis< Its not too late as I have not signed a contract. I was pretty much narrowed down to one but after reading your review I feel I have to give them a call. I like their action station concept I just read about online,
  • Options
    Mrs.B6302007Mrs.B6302007 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We used Magic Occassions and were very pleased.  They were very reasonable.  We invited abou 90 people and our buffet dinner was just about 3k.

http://www.magicoccasions.com
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    mizzicantwaitmizzicantwait member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if you signed a contract.. but check with Creations Catering by Chef Aaron. He is very budget friendly. I have yet to taste is food though.. I have a tasting scheduled in 2 weeks though! =) Good luck with choosing a caterer! Keep us updated!  Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards