Outdoor Weddings
Options

Disposable dishes

Our caterer doesn't supply dishes, and renting is way to expensive so we purchased the fancy disposable dishes (white with silver rim) and silver plasticware at Costco. The plates will be at the buffet table and the silverware will be on the tables with cloth napkins. We are having clear plastic cups for drinks, 10 ounce for water/soda/cocktails, and 16 ounce for beer. I am wondering what to do for wine and champagne. Should we use the 10 ounce cups or get something else? (My fiance and I drink wine out of regular cups at home so it's not a big deal to us). Also, what do we use for the toast? Should FI and I get toasting flutes or just use the plastic cups? We are having a pretty casual wedding and reception so I just want to make sure we aren't being tacky.

Re: Disposable dishes

• Options
    I think with the plates, you are good. I thought of renting as well but it was a hassle that I didn't want to deal with. I think for the toast maybe rent the glasses, it just seems better. I don't know how many people you have invited, but if its a lot, then plastic seems the way to go ;)
  • Options
    For Toasts just have the people use whatever they are drinking. That is what we did and it worked well.
    As far as wine glasses I think you'll be fine with the cups.

Another place to look for nice and great prices is Smartyhadaparty.com that is where we got all of ours and they were amazing!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    There are disposable wine and champagne glasses in party stores and places like that. I would think that would a happy medium between renting and just using regular plastic cups.
  • Options
    Hello,

I read you message and I think that renting must not be an option, there are so many upscale disposable dishes today in the market, it's so cheap to buy plastic disposables and still have a real classy and upscale wedding party.

You can check out this website, The Webstaurant Store online http://www.webstaurantstore.com/vendor/FIN500/fineline.html, they have an amazing selection of upscale plastic partyware for every occasion.

Get creative and have fun doing it.

Congratulations!!!
  • Options
    The best price I found for things like this was www.smartyhadaparty.com.

You can use whatever cups you like for your guests, since it is casual, you don't need to buy the special plastic goblets if it's not in your budget.

We purchased our own silver goblets on sale at Tuesday Morning when they had a sale a long time before our wedding. For me it was important to have something we could keep, but not really necessary, if it's not in your budget. You can find glass commemorative toasting glasses on sale all the time, or get them personalized at www.personalcreations.com. They have the best prices for personalized items.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_disposable-dishes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:69588c9f-e3cb-44c9-8aff-48f8c84962bfPost:1b3bd2ac-3970-43fd-9087-beee1ea761ce">Re: Disposable dishes</a>:
    [QUOTE]There are disposable wine and champagne glasses in party stores and places like that. I would think that would a happy medium between renting and just using regular plastic cups.
    Posted by CherandAl[/QUOTE]

I think it is fine.

• Options
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Options
    I am also having a casual wedding, we are just going to use the small 8-9oz plastic cups for the wine/liquor and the 16oz solos for the beer beacuse that is all that our budget allowed...if they call them selves your family and friends they should be happy to just be with you on your special day right not what they drank out of....atleast I hope :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards