Gay Weddings

We don't need more stuff!

My partner and I are planning to join households just after the honeymoon. We currently live about 2 miles apart, she owns a home that I'll be moving into with my son and I rent a house. As you can imagine, we already have two households worth of furnishings and will have to consolidate. Wait...make that three: she moved her mother in with her post-cancer after building an in-law space onto the back of her home (so there's a real blended family for you!).

Seriously, we don't NEED anything! If anything I'd like to hand every one of our 100+ guests something that we need to get rid of! How do we deal with a registry without making it look like we're simply asking for cash? The best thing would be to register for fun things to do on our honeymoon (we're going to South Kona, HI) but I don't know how to go about that. Any ideas?
"You ask me what I came here to do. I will tell you. I came to live out loud." ~Emile Zola Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: We don't need more stuff!

• edited December 2011
    I'm doing a honeymoon registry.  There are lots of online providers for these, with varying degrees of fees/charges.  I am using the honeyfund, which is free, and you can pick what you want to add to the registry.  It can include anything you want at all, airfare, things to do on your honeymoon, and even actual presents too.  Your guests give you money to get the things you want.  The only downside is that for things you need to purchase in advance, like airfare and hotels, you will have to buy them on your own then use the monetary gifts to reimburse yourself.  Check out the website for honeyfund, it's very informative.

Also, we are going to the Big Island for our honeymoon too!  We are currently debating on staying in Pahoa (south east corner of the island) or somewhere in the Honoka'a region (north east).  Maybe we could share ideas of things to do!
  • llucas45llucas45 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We also are using honeyfund, we are going to Chicago, although I have been told there are web sites where your guests can purchase those items for you, I have not looked for those, it maybe worth checking out.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    If you are going to the Big Island, make sure you go visit the green sand beach at South Point.  It is worth the trek down there.  You can't actually drive to the beach with a rental car, so come prepared to hike a couple of miles to the beach.  When we were there, a local guy was taking tourists down to the beach in his four-wheel drive pickup.  It was "free" but donations were appreciated.  It is definitely worth the visit. 
  • edited December 2011
    Have you thought about doing a donation fund for a charity?
  • edited December 2011
    www.honeymoonwishes.com is the perfect solution!! 

Congrats & Good Luck!!

Carol McKnight
    www.euphoriaaffairs.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards