New York-New York City

Affordable calligrapher in NYC - oxymoron?!

Hi ladies.  I need a really affordable calligrapher, for pick up and drop off in NYC to do our invitation envelopes only.  It'll be a fairly quick turnaround on approx 65 pieces.  Know anybody looking to pick up a little extra work? I'd be so grateful.  It occurred to me during the night that February is about gone (duh) and March will move fast with my work schedule and then we're into April and my wedding is in June.... and I have so, so much to do yet... right?

Re: Affordable calligrapher in NYC - oxymoron?!

• Jamilynn627Jamilynn627 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We worked with Michele Clark in Staten Island, who was phenomenal. I have pictures in my bio of her work. She was very reasonably priced (I think she charges $1.25 per outer envelope and $0.35 for inner envelopes now. You can reach her at: CalligraphybyMichele@verizon.net
  • michaela48michaela48 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im working with Michelle Clark too. Shes awesome, but books early. I would email her asap
  • joebeth22joebeth22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You ladies are GREAT! Somehow, after I wrote the post, I must've looked around the knot a bit more and saw a reference to Michelle Clark.  Anyhow, she does book early and is booked but since my job is relatively small and simple, looks like she can fit me in, so thanks! One thing - did you actually ship your invitations back and forth with her or drop them off and pick them up?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I havent decided what I am going to do. Shes doing my calligraphy in April. I am thinking I will probably fedex to her, since I don't know if its worth the effort to drive it out to her. If you do send to her I would use fedex, since I think they are much more reliable, and I am going to make sure I package it well so nothing gets ruined.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fedex -- that's a good idea, Michaela.  When is your wedding? what is your invitation timeline... sending them out, deadline for rsvps and all that?
  • MrsKocalMrsKocal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto MIchelle!  Loved her!  We did everything by fedex, it was very easy.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker imageimage
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fedex -- that's a good idea, Michaela.  When is your wedding? what is your invitation timeline... sending them out, deadline for rsvps and all that?

My wedding is August 8th. We are going to send out invites 2 months before. RSVP date one month out. I am having Michelle do the calligraphy at the end of April because I wanted to make sure that I have time to put the invitations together. Just minor things like organizing all parts of the invitations, and putting the belly band on, as well as the liner for our envelopes. We are sending out 160 invites so I wanted to give myself a month to get them together.

Whats your timeline?
  • DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    another rec. for Michelle!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks sooooo much knotties! I've got Michelle booked.  My timeline is a little tight at this point, but I do this to myself.  i must work better under crazy deadlines!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards