Attire & Accessories Forum

Anyone ever fly with their gown?

OK... I am about to pull the trigger on buying a secondhand gown from another bride. Shipping will be included but runs around $40 for this dress.
So while this is going on Fi gets a call from his aunt - she wants to fly us to TN for his grandmothers surprise 70th bday. We have not seen her in 2.5 yrs.
My mother and family live nearby in GA only 45 min away. I have not seen my mother in 2.5 yrs either. It has made planning a wedding very difficult particularly finding a dress.

Am I crazy to want to take the dress with me to try it on for them? I am afraid until I have my mom there I will never truly feel like the dress is my wedding gown.

Has anyone ever flown with their gown not for a destination wedding? Is there a charge for this or is it considered part of your luggage?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Anyone ever fly with their gown?

• I think that's a lovely idea and they ladies there will absolutely love it. 

When FI and I travel to the Caribbean, there is always at least one bride on the plane.  Even when the bride is traveling in coach, flight attendants usually hang the gown in the first class cabin's closet.  I'm sure it will work out just fine.

Enjoy your trip!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards