Texas-San Antonio
Options

Church in San Antonio for my ceremony???

I am wanting to get married in a church for my ceremony. The only problem is, I don't go to church on a regular basis so I need a church that is okay with that. Anyone know of a church in San Antonio that I could have my ceremony at? (My wedding is on a Friday so it won't interfere with Sunday service)

Please let me know asap! I want to book right away.

Re: Church in San Antonio for my ceremony???

• Options
    jl409jl409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How big is your wedding and where is your reception going to be?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not exactly sure yet, probably around 50-75 people. MAYBE 100 (I doubt it though). And I have no idea where my reception will be either. I figured I'd find a ceremony spot first and then reception spot. Our budget isn't very big so I need an affordable venue (something less than $1,000).
  • Options
    txcyclisttxcyclist member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Community Bible church on 1604/Gold Canyon. It's inter-denominational.
  • Options
    DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Central Christian Church, their total charge is something like $1500 (now, it went up since we booked them) but it's all inclusive. Officiant, dressing room, organist, coordinator, all is included.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    $900 will get you the Little Church at La Villita in Riverwalk area.  Holds 80 comfortably, can squeeze up to 110 I believe with temporary seating.  Includes church, minister, organist, and rehearsal day before.  One requirement is 2 counseling sessions with minister in advance.  Christian non-denom church.
  • Options
    sgamboasgamboa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if you or your fiance are Catholic, but I know St. Leo the Great Catholic Church offers their chapel for free or the church for $250. The chapel sits 50 comfortably. Not sure how many the church fits, but it's more than enough for the size of your wedding. 

The musicians from the church charge $100. 

The sponsor couple is free and they help in wedding prep and in organizing ceremony... 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having my ceremony at St. Dominic's Catholic Church, total cost is about five hundred. And that is for the church that sits more than 200 people comfortably, brides rooms, priest, rehearsal the night before. It is so beautiful.
    "I am my beloved's and my beloved's is mine" Song of Soloman 6:3 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards