Wedding Woes

M2 is a peanut

We just got back from her 1 yo check up.  She's fine developmentally and length and head, but she's only in the 15% for weight.  The doc isn't hugely concerned, but we'll see.

Re: M2 is a peanut

• Aww!  DefConn's 1 year isn't for another week and a half, but he's always been in the 90th for height and 50th for everything else.  I'm pretty sure that hasn't changed...He may have come down in percentages for height, as he's slowed down in growth.
  • WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

the doc never tells us where the kid falls on the charts. as long as they aren't concerned, neither am i.

• We'll see where we are at 15 months. If you have a peanut, we have a crumb. M has been on the chart once and promptly fell off of it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • 6fsn6fsn member

BFE doc only cared if they weren't following the same growth patterns.  She would show me the curves.  This is a new doc so she was asking if M2 had always been on the small side.  She did have a decent drop off between 9 months and now so there is teeny tiny concern.  teeny tiny.  I've watched this kid eat so I'm sure she'll be back on track.

• 6, you've got nothing to worry about. You've got a healthy happy kiddo. She eats and she's active.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • WzzWzz member
    i think mister is a peanut, too. a string bean, actually.

TT, just DIY a chart of your own! m is growing, though, right? just not at the rate you guys would want?
  • it's probably a question of being active - she's walking or close to it, right?

i'm also curious what the difference is between 15th percentile and 85th percentile - maybe 2lbs?

Wolverine was a preemie and has always been on the small side, especially for weight (but apparently has a huge head - brains like her mom, i guess) - and the doctors have never seemed worried about it. I think she was around 18th percentile at 1. She's really shot up height-wise - went from 20th or so early on to 60th or so at 15ish months.
  • 6fsn6fsn member

Just today she has been toddling all around.  For weeks it was cruising or holding DH's fingers, but today she's just been taking off.  The doc did say that the activity change could make a big difference.  I do think that this doc was much more accurate with weight and length than the last place so that could make part of the change too.

I'm not really worried when I see the child down an entire cheesestick for a snack.  I also think that week of thrush did a number on her weight. 

I do love this new doc a lot.

• DefConn has zero interest in walking or standing.  He cruises the couch all day long, but if you try to hold him up or whatever, he just sits down.  He's such a stinker. 
  • 6, I'm sure she's just fine. She's just a petite little thing!

MrsConn, A was the same way. Then one day, he just walked. He was a year and 2.5 months, so it took him quite a while, almost to the point where I was getting concerned. Now he's RUNNING!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards