Arizona-Phoenix

Ivory Dress- Can my FH Wear a White Shirt & Ivory Tie?

I went to Men's Warehouse with my fiance yesterday to check out tuxes for the wedding. I told the store clerk that my dress is ivory (not a super dark ivory though) & she said my FH MUST wear an ivory shirt/tie otherwise my dress might look dirty. Yikes! Both he & I were not crazy about the ivory shirts she showed us. My FH would like to wear a crisp white French cuff shirt with a black tuxedo & incorporate an ivory silk European tie. What do you think about this? White shirt with ivory tie or ivory shirt with ivory tie? Does it even matter? TIA! 

Re: Ivory Dress- Can my FH Wear a White Shirt & Ivory Tie?

• edited December 2011
    I think the salesperson had the right idea.  I don't think the ivory tie on a white shirt would look good together at all.  (The colors wouldn't be enough of a contrast.)  BUT it's your day, and you can have whatever color combination you want.  :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't do an ivory tie with a white shirt, but I also do not think there is anything wrong with him wearing a white shirt and any other color tie.  Most weddings I have been to the men wear white shirts, regardless of what color the dress is.
  • Dec19WedDec19Wed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't believe this either until I took a swatch of my dress into MW. I really didn't like the way my ivory dress looked with the white shirts. I also didn't care for their ivory shirts-- although I think when they are up against the white shirts they don't look great, but alone they would look just fine.  What we ended up doing was ordering a tux but having an ivory shirt custom made. We went to Nordstroms and they have a beautiful ivory and we were able to get the french cuffs and all. It was a bit much (but not as much as we thought), and now it fits him perfectly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards