Gay Weddings

NOM Strategist Now Supports Gay Marriage

Here is the story, and here is the NOM strategist's blog post.

I have very mixed feelings about this.  I'm not sure whether to be happy that even someone previously so confirmed in his anti-gay sentiments has been able to figure out that gays are human, too, or to be disgusted that it took so long.

Re: NOM Strategist Now Supports Gay Marriage

• tiffanycdemeotiffanycdemeo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i believe that people should be able to get married to whoever they want.  gender really does not matter nor should people be offended or against it.  we are all put on this earth together! people need to start opening their minds and hearts and accepting what other people want for themselves
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • chrmunchrmun member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's important to see that his change of mind (heart?) came through spending time interacting with regular gay people.  It's easy to demonize groups of people, but it gets harder when you start to put faces to the demons.
    It's important to me to make sure that people know I'm gay and that I'm planning to marry a man.  Historically, I haven't really cared if people knew, or not.  If it was easier, I'd just as soon not mention it.
    What I'm coming to learn, though, if we're going to move forward, people have to know that they know gay people.  They have to know that I'm not a talking point, a subcategory or a wedge-issue.  I'm a guy who wants to spend the rest of his life with the guy I love.
    So, I guess my reaction is to be grateful that some people took the time to sit down with this guy and talk to him. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards