Texas-Houston
Options

DJ Recs

I know that many people have raved about LG Entertainment.  Is there anyone else that's worth checking out?  A few posts down people were saying LG Entertainment was about $800.  Is this pretty standard for the cost of a DJ in Houston?  Thanks!

Re: DJ Recs

• Options
    loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Give Dj Sounds by Mario a call/text for a quote 832-665-6049

(Most dj's I called charged $100-125/hour, DJ Mario charges slightly less).
  • Options
    krisi14krisi14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Contact Jason with Space City Entertainment. He's been in the industry for over 10 years and just started his own business with another DJ. They are both great to work with. Here is his contact info. Good Luck!

Email:jwg1981@gmail.com

Mobile Phone:1 832.878.0099
  • Options
    Mandan5Mandan5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!
  • Options
    mpwdpwmpwdpw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    another one is JPL.  I almost used them but my wedding coordinator insisted i go with LG instead
  • Options
    bride10210bride10210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LG is less than $800 for me. They can work with you on price.
  • Options
    rillarsonrillarson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Elegante Entertainment and our first meeting with him was awesome. He met us halfway and spoke with us for 2 hours creating the schedule for our reception and understanding just what we wanted our reception to be like. He provides 5 hours of music for $747. He also can do alot more but we weren't interested in anything else. 

this is his website. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What type of music would you like?...my brother is a DJ and I would say each DJ specializes in a particular type of music...for example my brother does Latin music best...not that any DJ can't play any music but if you want people dancing then you want someone fairly familiar with that particular genre...at least that is what he told me. Best of luck! 
  • Options
    HeidiYoungHeidiYoung member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I am meeting with DJ Unlimited soon and they quoted me $500. I also contacted LG and was quoted $800 for 4 hours. I hope this helps. Bride10210, I'd love to know how you got LG's price down. I would love to work with them but at $800, it's not in our budget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So i was torn between LG entertainment and Space City Entertainment.  From talking with all of the DJ's, I found at that the guys at Space City Entertainment used to work for LG, but wanted to start their own business.  Their prices were exactly the same when quoted, but when I told each of them that I was looking at the other company, they were willing to negotiate.  Also, I wanted lighting, which they also do, so they gave me a good package deal.  Both of these DJ's use mixing boards instead of an ipod hooked up to a speaker which I liked.  Ultimately, we went with Space City Entertainment bc I felt like the two guys that own it were more down to earth and not so cocky.  Plus they are really cool and would make really good emcees.  Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards