July 2013 Weddings

Whats with the thumbprint trees?

At first I thought it was a pretty unique idea and very creative but after I gave it some thought I realized if I were a guest I'd have to make a special trip to the bathroom just to get the paint off. Plus, do I really want aunt so and so's fingerprint on my wall for the next 50 years?  At some point I'd probably redecorate and put it in my closet where it'd be forgotten. 
Is anyone else foregoing this idea?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Whats with the thumbprint trees?

• I work at a bank and we have water soluble ink pads for thumbprints that wipe right off your hands. Personally I find the idea of someone else having my prints kinda creepy. FBI database for work? no problem. Cousin Julie's wall? no thanks!
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Lol. Im glad Im not alone on this one! Thanks :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Yeah, I'd be worried about getting ink all over my dress! Not to mention, it'd bother me so much if someone smudged their fingerprint because I can be a little OCD like that!
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I agree with most of those types of guest books. Signing rocks? What the heck are you going to do with a pile of rocks? Or a giant wine bottle? I'm going to have a guestbook where they can sign pieces of cardstock, and take pictures in a booth, and I will compile all of that into an album that I can have on my bookshelf. It's not in the way and I can pull it down to look at whenever I want :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've never seen it in person but I've seen the thumbprint idea all over blogs and websites lately.  People have provided wipes (with a cute saying around the holder) so that the ink doesn't stay on their hands.

However, I don't really get the idea either.  Kind of cute, kind of creepy.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i love the way they look, but i agree they are kind of weird. i've ordered one, but i'm thinking of just having people sign the leaves, or draw a little face on them or something silly. i also work in a bank, and so i could easily order a few of the special ink pads, but........weird.

BUT i love the idea of thumbprint wedding rings!!! have you guys seen them? i love the idea of having my man's hand in mine forever (or at least his finger lol) here's a link: http://www.brentjess.com/products/weddingbands/sterling-silver-custom-6mm-half-round-fingerprint-wedding-band/

July 2013 Siggy Challenge: Inspiration Boards!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards