July 2012 Weddings

GM gifts questions

What are you doing for GM gifts? Are you picking them out or is FI?
I have no clue what to do for the GM gifts and FI is leaving it all up to me. I had suggested getting engraved Zippos lighters for each of them since they all smoke, but FI didn't like that idea much. Any suggestions?

Photobucket

Re: GM gifts questions

• I have no idea. I'm trying to leave this up to FI but he has shown no intrest. My mom sugested engraved pocket watches, which I could see them using so its a possibilty. Or I said an engraved drinking glass, depending on their perfered drink. But my FI just turns everything down. Its frustrating.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Damn TK, my post seems to have disapeared. Basically, I'm in the same boat as you since FI wants no part in anything. I'm thinking pocket watches or drinking glasses.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My FI is taking care of that, but we're likely getting them Leathermans. They're all really handy guys, so we figured a crazy knife/gadget combo would make them happy. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're personalizing all of our gifts: i.e. buying like it's their birthday!!

For example: One of the GM is a huge Texas Longhorns fan and another loves the liquor Jameson...so FI is going to buy an old bottle of Jameson and then going to pick something TX Longhorns out....and so on for the GM's...

• I am not sure what we are doing for GM gifts.  We only have one person on each side.  FI is choosing his BM gift and I have already thought about what I am doing for MOH gift. 
    Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • This is ALL FI.. I dont care if he wants no part of it or not they are his GM so he is responsible.  I believe he is getting them all Phillies tickets and then something else small to go with it.
  • I told my fiance to handle it. I'm doing BM gifts, he is doing GM gifts. Isn't that how it normally goes?

I can say that I doubt there will be personalization involved. I can't see his friends being into that. They're all 30-ish year old men.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is for sure my FI's decision. He wants to get everyone personalized beer glasses.
    Photobucket
  • My FI decided to get personalized baseball bats for each of them since they all play softball together.  They came out great and I think the guys will love them.
    Anniversary
  • Thanks for the ideas! I guess my FI is just THAT lazy lol. I think I'm going to tell him he needs to take care of it himself since I'm doing everything else.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards