Gothic Weddings

Do you/did you have a theme?

I was thinking that we are doing a pretty good job keeping this board up and running! We have a great group that is full of unconventional styles and ideas that are posting some really awesome eye and brain candy. I have gone back and read some of the post topics from 2009 and figured that since we are the newer "generation" of brides we have a few topics that we could bring up again. Plus, we still have some amazing ladies that are married but still pop in to say hey! So I figured what the heck? So my questions for you are....

Do you/did you have a theme for your wedding?

What is the color scheme that you're working with?

Is there something totally fantastical that you have planned for your guests?

What detail are you most excited about? (other than marrying your dream FH!)

Visit Gothic.weddings.com

Re: Do you/did you have a theme?

• Do you/did you have a theme for your wedding?
    We're not calling it a theme (my mother would squeak out the word "tacky" and fall over lol) but the FI and I have a loose image in our minds of a faded victorian look.

Black & white damask with crimson accents

The after party pup crawl in the party bus!

my attire....I love it so much I wanna wear it everyday!
  • edited January 2010
    Our Theme is our favorite Tim Burton and Danny Elfman movies. So were combining all of the best ideas from each.

Dark Plum/Eggplant, Orange, Green, and Fucshia.

Since we work in the film industry and we have our own options of being creative. I am making a wedding program with a scavenger hunt. There will be pictures of the movie scenes that we chose to use a piece of, that people have to find. As well as a wonderful candy bar with one special treat for whoever finds everything first.  We figured this was a good way for people to actually understand the different little things we want everywhere. Like haning shoes on a wire next to strings of lights in the pateo (big fish)

Im most excited about the favors I have custom made that our pumpkin tea light candle holders with our monogram and the date, and our hand we are making for the ring bear to carry. Which are going to be dead/aged hands on the pillow or in a basket, sculpted from our actual hand casts.

(there is a pic of our favors in a blog I wrote if u want to see them)
    http://community.theknot.com/cs/ks/blogs/corinnemarie22/archive/2010/01/14/so-excited.aspx

Our theme is Irish/Scottish/Celtic

Our colors are black, white and royal blue

We have an Irish band and bagpiper and just an overall pub feel.  We're planning on just having a GREAT party for our friends!

We're really getting excited about the honeymoon.  The wedding is just so "us" that I really love every detail!
    There isn't too much of a strong theme since we are trying to avoid it looking tacky but we are taking a simple wedding and adding some Brother's Grimm flair. Some fairy tale things, but definately not ruined by disney.

Olive Green and Chocolate Brown (The Black Forest)

nothing really other than little whimsical touches like snow whites apples. Also we  are putting fake trees at the alter and all over the reception venue to feel like the black forest. A friend has a husky that is half wolf and looks more wolf than dog and might bring him to lay at the alter for the little red ridding hood and pictures, that is if the church allows, which if we pay enough I'm sure they wood.

THE FLOWER GIRL! shes going down the aisle as little red ridding hood. She will carry "Grandmas Pic Nic" basket full of red and white rose petals and sunflower petals.
    10.2011 Siggy
    BM Dresses
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    *Updated 1/21*
  • Do you/did you have a theme for your wedding? Yep, we're having a music themed wedding! Mini music stands and music notes as centerpieces, sheet music background on invites, personalized guitar pick favors, etc.

Black, red, and we're using white as an accent since it's a summer wedding. We took the color from bands like My Chemical Romance and Alesana, who often wear all black suits with red ties. We thought it was a classic "rock" look and it ties everything together.

We're just trying to make the day as fun as possible for everyone, eliminating some of the cheesy parts of weddings and adding some fun non-traditional elements to help create a fun atmosphere.

Everything! lol I really can't pick just one thing, everything is turning out pretty awesome so far!
  • edited January 2010
    Well, I have to say that I think it's great to have all of these details here on this thread so we can have an idea of who's doing what. I loved reading about everyone's ideas! I also think I might have to join that party bus.......I'm well over-due!!!!!  ;) 

We are having a Victorian gothic garden party. Our darkest elements are the attire, the dining tables, and the roses. I am a huge fan of "Victoria", "Martha Stewart Living", and "Gothic Beauty" magazines so I'm drawing my inspiration from them all. I want everything to be classy, dark, and mixed with natural elements as well. I'm trying very hard to do this on an extremely tight budget. Thrift stores, antique shops, a highly skilled seamstress, and trees are my best resources!   

Our colors are black and white, very deep red/burgundy roses, bits of silver, and things that are purely created by nature and unchanged.

We are trying to keep everything very family friendly. We are currently planning details for a kids art table with vintage graphic coloring pages of fairy tales and animals. We are going to collect crayons and other kid friendly art supplies for the little ones to get creative with. There will also be easels for our friends and family to draw on with charcoal, pastels, and artist quality pencils. We are also setting up a photo "guest book" spot with old wooden picture frames hanging in the trees and props for our guests to play with. We're hoping to get some great pictures of friends and family that we can laugh about for years. We are both really excited to see the outcome of all of these stations.    

I am most excited about being a bride and being able to wear my dream wedding gown with all of the accessories that go with it!!! I also can't wait to see my FH, my father, my son, and the groomsmen in tuxedos and top hats. I'm dying to see my little girl in her flower girl dress, and the bridesmaids in their lovely black gowns. Another thing I'm looking forward to is hosting a gorgeous garden party because it's something I have always wanted to do. I am just a little nervous about being able to decorate the whole venue and pull off my "theme". I'm going to work really hard to make everything look beautiful and pulled together.  
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
    Our wedding is going to a semi formal masquerade ball.  we wanted to set a theme because we didn't want anyone to show up to our wedding in a random, not so flattering, halloween costume. I love the victorian ere style any ways so i thougth it would be perfect.

the color's are black and burgundy with tiny accents of other fall colors.

me, my fh, and the bm's and gm's will be doing the thriller dance at some point during the reception. hopefully it should turn out great!

seeing our families finally all getting together and having an awesome night (hopefully).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love everyone's ideas!! They all sound so unique and wonderful! I can't wait to see how they all turn out : )

We are planning a formal masquerade ball (Great minds think alike huh Del? Lol)

Black, pool blue and tangerine (DB)

Not anymore. I was going to hire an aerialist (the folks that spin around on ribbons and whatnot up in the air) - but our venue won't allow it : (
    I just hope everyone has a great time, and remembers our wedding because it was fun and off beat

I can't wait to eat the cake! Our bakery's cake is sooooo good and moist! We're having banana cake with caramel kahlua cream filling and vanilla cake with raspberry cream filling. I also may opt for a red velvet layer, since I just tasted red velvet for the first time and am completely in love with it!!
    Also, I can't wait for everyone to see me in my dress. I'm normally a no frills kind of girl, so I can't wait for everyone to see how I look all dolled up : )
    we are doing a gothic/alice in wonderland theme

black, red and purple

we are pulling a lot of elements from alice in wonderland into our decor, such as teacups on every table filling with chocolate, and personalized teabags and personalized playing cards. definatly going to be talked about amongst my family :)

seeing how everything is going to come together and to wear my dream dress.
  • The theme/idea for my wedding is a twilight victorian feel.  The wedding is going to be in the evening and very small. I want an intimate feel to it with candles and low light.

Colors are still up int he air I'm wearing a corset with a floor length black skirt so colors will depend on which corset I pick. I am leaning heavily on silver or a dark purple for the brides maid dresses.

Due to our very small wedding we are planning on hitting a local resturaunt this may cost more per head however we can leave the clean up to someone else. I just need to find one that has a back room and good food.The town we're getting married in is very tourist friendly so there are alot of resturants. The down side to all of this I'm not currently living there so it makes things interesting.

I'm really excited about  seeing it all come together and being able to really enjoy the fruits of my labors.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards