Christian Weddings
Options

Test Results

I got the results back from my 6 week post-exposure test. So far everything looks ok. One down, two to go...

Re: Test Results

• Options
    Glad everything looks okay!! Remind me again what the tests were for.? I either missed that post or my memory is just bad.. I DO have a bad memory, haha. 
  • Options
    The tests are for Hep C and HIV. I got poked by a needle at work. :P
    Next one is at 3 months - so June.
  • Options
    Glad everything is looking good so far!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    Glad the first test was normal. Praying for the rest!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    so glad the first one came back ok!! prayers the other test in the future have the same result
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Phew!  Hope the next ones are okay, too!
  • Options
    Glad everything is looking good at this point! Praying for you that it will continue to be in the clear for the next tests.
  • Options
    Glad they look good so far!

I remember when it happened you said it was a dry/old needle?  I'm curious -- how did it actually happen?  Was it not in a sharps container or something?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_test-results?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:be409a66-87e1-40d5-9cd5-eb8160b0deabPost:af3ec8bd-8d97-46d6-8a9a-c73ac22e583b">Re: Test Results</a>:
    [QUOTE]Glad they look good so far! I remember when it happened you said it was a dry/old needle?  I'm curious -- how did it actually happen?  Was it not in a sharps container or something?
    Posted by naomikb[/QUOTE]

The sharps containers have a horizontal slit in the top that you throw needles into. I was disposing of a couple of needles from the exam room and as I tossed them into the container, there was one sticking out perpendicular to the slot that stuck me when I didn't see it. I guess it hadn't gotten tossed in correctly by someone ahead of me.
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_test-results?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:be409a66-87e1-40d5-9cd5-eb8160b0deabPost:617ab3a9-4d97-475d-a230-ca16c4264600">Re: Test Results</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Test Results : The sharps containers have a horizontal slit in the top that you throw needles into. I was disposing of a couple of needles from the exam room and as I tossed them into the container, there was one sticking out perpendicular to the slot that stuck me when I didn't see it. I guess it hadn't gotten tossed in correctly by someone ahead of me.
    Posted by azdancer8[/QUOTE]
    Ouch!  Carelessness on their part.
  • Options
    Oh, wow! Yeah, I definitely missed that post. So glad the first tests were okay! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards