New Hampshire

Shattuck - Jaffrey, NH

Does anyone have pictures of the Shattuck's hall all set up? We're trying to figure how to decorate/where flowers might be needed that we haven't thought of.

Thanks!

Re: Shattuck - Jaffrey, NH

• mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes!  (We're at the Shattuck on 9/3 and Amelia is there on 8/6).  Here's a few photos.  More in the link to planning bio in siggy (below).  LOVE the Shattuck....best wishes and PLEASE post photos after your ceremony/reception!

Here's a few that I gleaned from other sites...

We're doing floral centerpieces for the tables and then an arrangement for the appetizer table.  Other than that, we're going to use wrought iron plant stands to hold two ivy plants that we will bring inside following the ceremony.  During the ceremony, the ivys will be on the stone terrace.  We're using Daffodill's florist, (I know Amelia is using Colls florist).  Who are you using?
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • halydiahalydia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the photos! I'm there the weekend after Amelia. We're DIYing the flowers, praying the sunflowers which have already bloomed last another three weeks! (Eep!)

Thanks again!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahhh...love sunflowers!  That's what we're using too.  Here's a prototype that Daffodils made for us for centerpieces, (they'll be very similar to this, but using dark-centered sunflowers).

imageimage
    Anniversary
  • halydiahalydia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh that's really pretty! :) I haven't worked with Daffodils for a long time, but they were always nice to us with flowers for school things.

Best of luck with your preparations! We just finished doing the favors. Phew!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there,
    I know all our weddings are fast approaching, I am still figuring out my table situation as well. I have yet to figure out, where the cake table, gift table, our sweetheart table will go... after I figure it out I am going to map it out, write it out, and give it to Donna, then I have to somehow get over there after my rehersal dinner to give her my candles, and guest book, card box, etc....since there is a golf thing in the afternoon...

There are a couple pictures in my bio under venues, and I know if you google shattuck wedding there are a couple,

I found this link,
    http://falcopics.smugmug.com/2010-Wedding/2010Jessica-Jesse-Wedding/14052576_uWiPG#1034440680_fJcrB

which has a whole wedding of pictures and how they set it up, reception starts on page 25. Page 70 has details of tables -  I found it very helpful.
  • halydiahalydia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They scheduled a golf thing the morning of your wedding too? I wonder how much this happens. Well, at least we don't have to do the setup ourselves! :)

Best of luck Amelia! Things will turn out great. thanks so much for the photo page, it helps a lot!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since our wedding is labor day weekend--I am sure there will be a lot of golf stuff happening during our ceremony too.  Donna said that they wouldn't get it our way--I hope she is right!

Thanks for the photo link Ameila...that was fun looking through them all.  I am not crazy about where they had the cake table.  Since we're not having a buffet--we might ask to move the cake to the other side of the room, (near the handicap rail side).

How many tables are you gals having?  We're estimating 12-13, still waiting for the majority of RSVPs to come in.
    imageimage
    Anniversary
  • halydiahalydia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're just 67 so I'm calculating 9 tables. I feel like we might get lost in there! :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL...our guest list started out at 80, but then it kept creeping up to just over a hundred!  People are soooo bad about RSVPing though--makes it really hard to plan.  The RSVP deadline is 8/13...now I wish I had made it 8/6 instead, because I know I will be chasing people down.  My best guess is that we'll end up somewhere between 90-98 people.  We decided to do plated/served meals instead of the buffet, so it was an extra $3 pp.
    imageimage
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Hey gals,
    We invited 135 and ended up with 100 exactly, so that is 13 tables, just a couple will have 6 or 7 instead of 8 people. What are you guys doing for your vendors? Are you having a seperate table for them? We aren't doing buffet either, and a tip to you both, make sure you wrote down the price pp you were quoted, we just got an upcharge of 3 dollars for this year, even tho she told us she would honor our old prices when we signed, I wrote her back, she fixed our open bar rate so I hope she fixes our pp rate too, I know its only 3$ but that = $300 and a nice chunk of saved change!!

the golf outing is on friday night, and my wedding is saturaday afternoon, so I will be okay, I don't know if they schedule golf things on the actual day or not with the room, but I can set up fri night if she is avail otherwise I will have to run over sat am.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amelia, when I talked to Donna last week to pay our 50% of the balance, (45 days out) payment, she increased the bar rate that we were quoted.  We booked 18 months in advance and they had the 'mid-range' bar bill at $12.50 pp at that time (we're only doing open bar during cocktail hour).  She tried to charge me $14 pp for it, but I called her about it and had the original paperwork that she gave me in-hand.  She tried to get me to 'meet her half-way' with $13, but I stood my ground and she finally put it back to $12.50 pp for the cocktail hour.  I have a signed contract for $52.75 for the Platinum package from when we booked back in 2010--but we just upgraded the extra $3 pp to plated dinners just last month.

Thanks for the tip!  Please....if you find out anything else, or have any other experiences with your event at the Shattuck...please share!  Also....what (if any) are you gals planning to tip Donna? 

EDIT:  Regarding vendors....I haven't decided about separate table or just using them to fill in open spots at tables....I guess a lot of that will depend upon how many we get for the final headcount and when we do the seating charts.

If you don't mind--can you share what you're doing for table arrangements?  (We're using a sweetheart table too).  Thanks again!Smile
    imageimage
    Anniversary
  • halydiahalydia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh gosh, I had completely forgotten about vendor meals! I've just got one who will be there, so I guess I'll just ask Donna what they do.

We're doing a buffet and I the paperwork we were given, so I hope there are no surprises! And yeah, they have something going on in the ballroom the same morning as the wedding so the room set-up will have to be done by them. I'll be getting my hair done and getting dressed during the time the room is free! I can't complain too much though, it's one less thing to worry about for me. I was getting sick of DIY restaurant set ups after bridesmaid duty in other friends' weddings.

As for the centerpieces, it all will depend on what's still blooming in Mom's garden in two weeks. We'll be using three vases of different heights with candles below.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Regarding vendor meals....these are $25 each.  (We're feeding 4 vendors).  Hope you both post photos and reviews as soon as you are able after your weddings!
    imageimage
    Anniversary
  • Hey Everyone,
    I know this is an old post but I am looking to get married at Shattuck in 2013...I had a question about open bar..is that calculated per person or a flat rate? We are inviting about 200 people and plan on having about 150-160 attending. We are only spending 10k-11k total on the wedding and the prices here seem to fit into that goal.

Thanks so much for your help!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards