Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

THE ROOSEVELT VS. THE LOEWS

I AM CONSIDERING THE ROOSEVELT WALDORF-ASTORIA'S WALDORF BALLROOM FOR MY FALL 2012 WEDDING RECEPTION. I AM ALSO CONSIDERING THE LOEWS ON POYDRAS. I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A FUN, ELEGANT, AND CHIC NEW ORLEANS STYLE RECEPTION AND I AM CURIOUS TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS BEEN TO WEDDINGS HERE OR HAD THIER WEDDING HERE AND COULD OFFER ANY OPINIONS OR ADVICE???

Re: THE ROOSEVELT VS. THE LOEWS

• Options
    LGJ713LGJ713 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the Omni Royal Orleans will be better than the Roosevelt or the Loews.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the Loews seems like it more be "fun" but the roosevelt is definitely more upscale and "elegant". 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the Roosevelt.
    www.mromag1.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    UNFORTUNATELY, A DEAR AND VERY CLOSE FAMILY MEMBER JUST HAD HER EXTRAVAGANT WEDDING AT THE OMNI AND I DON'T WANT TO GIVE OUR FAMILY BASICALLY THE SAME WEDDING ALL OVER  AGAIN. BUT I DO LOVE THE OMNI ROYAL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    THANKS  FOR THE SUGGESTIONS! I AM QUITE TORN SINCE I MYSELF FEEL THAT I AM ELEGANT BUT FUN AND I AM NOT QUITE SURE WHICH SUITS ME BEST. I AM JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS BEEN TO OR HAD A WEDDING AT EITHER AND HAVE ADVICE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. I.E. DID YOU HAVE A GREAT EXPERIENCE? WAS EVERYONE FRIENDLY? DID THEY MEET OR EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS? CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR FROM YOU GUYS!
  • Options
    tnrivertnriver member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As someone who had thier wedding at the Roosevelt, I recommend the Lowes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    okay now i'm curious. i just booked at the roosevelt. any tips to help smooth the process if you had things that went wrong? i know this isn't a trashing blog, but i'm really curious what issues you had, in hopes to negate them with ours. any suggestions please.
  • Options
    MMW10MMW10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The Loews was my 2nd choice (I went with Le Pavillon)... Loews does have some fun perks, though, like the option of an outdoor space. And they only do 1 event at a time, so if the weather doesn't cooperate, there's plenty GOOD indoor space to use instead. Also, the bride gets a spa day the morning of the wedding--I loved that one!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT TO SEE THE LOEWS THIS TUESDAY, I WILL POST AFTER WITH MY FINAL DECISION.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HAS ANYONE HAD DIFFICULTY WITH GETTING THE ROOSEVELT TO RESPOND TO YOUR E-MAILS?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding in March 2008 at Loews and I LOVED it!!  Everyone was on top of their game in making sure everything ran smoothly and catered to my every request.  My husband and I checked into the hotel the day before and we had a couples massage, which was a wonderful way to relax before the festivities started and then I had a pedicure at the Spa on my wedding day and they were so much fun!  We had the ceremony outside in the Piazza and then I had the guests 2nd line upstairs to the ballroom where they had the bar and hor de orves ready to go...I wanted the party to start ASAP!  The space was great, the food was great and everyone still tells me how much fun they had! One negative, I didn't think to ask about packing up food boxes and send them up to our suite, so my husband and I ended up at the Harrah's breakfast buffet at 1am!  I'm not sure if you were planning to have an after-party, but Lucy's is in walking distance and we moved the party there after the reception.

Good Luck!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    SU1011, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE FEEDBACK. I RECENTLY TOURED THE LOEWS AND I DEFINITELY THINK WE ARE GOING TO GO WITH THEM OVER THE ROOSEVELT. THE PRICES ARE BETTER AND I FEEL LIKE WE WOULD HAVE MORE OF THE ATTENTION OF THE STAFF THERE THAN SOMEWHERE ELSE! ALSO, I HAVE BEEN HAVING TROUBLE GETTING PPL AT THE ROOSEVELT CONTACTING ME BACK SINCE I VISITED. IT'S ALMOST AS IF THEY DON'T WANT THE BUSINESS AND IT'S MAKING ME WONDER IF THEY ARE THIS WAY NOW, HOW WILL IT BE WHEN I NEED VENDORS TO CONTACT THEM OR THE DAY OF MY WEDDING?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't have any issues with the guy at Roosevelt. I'm from out of town and was trying to visit as many places as I could saving that one for last because I fell in love with it online and knew if I didn't at least see other ones I could compare it. He ended up waiting for 45 minutes for us because we got held up at the church. He still showed us all the options and I felt was sincere and answered my questions. Now, my wedding isn't until next nov. So I haven't had to do too much planning.
  • Options
    burnsie36burnsie36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just booked the Loews and I am certain that it will be a good time.  I was going back and forth with Loews and the W.  I like the W because it meets the modern decor that I was planning, however the people at the W seem to be slacking.  I like Courtney and she has been really helpful and patient with me and my indecisiveness.  My wedding is not until Oct, but I have not doubt that it will surpass my expectations! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards