Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Two Month Meltdown

Anyone else have one?  I had a lovely one today in the food court of the Limerick outlet mall.  Fab.

I also had a dream last night that on the day of my wedding I realized I had mistakenly asked my bridesmaids to wear longsleeved, skin-tight, red latext rubber dresses.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Two Month Meltdown

• Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a 3 month melt down yesterday!  I cried for an hour and then made a to do list for today.  FI was so overwhelmed by my list that we only got done one thing on the list.  We just have so much left to do and the fact that we're in double digits now has me crazy.  I remember when my ticker said 400 days and it doesn't seem like that long ago.   ha, I don't even want to think about 2 months.  By the way, rubber sounds hot! ;)

I think it's normal.  I have nightmares too but mine mostly have to do with other people showing up in wedding dresses.  I'm not looking forward to the dreams to come.    Can you pinpoint what's stressing you out the most?
    Photobucket
  • laurak43laurak43 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a 4 month meltdown took it out on my sister til she quit the wedding and then I just called it off.  Last week told FI that I was getting tired of hearing him talk about how he either helps with wedding stuff or works to make money to pay for it -He can't do both.  Broken record I tell ya.  I know its his busy season but I"m not marrying myself here!

wow, ramdom vent.

Worst dream, I married my ex instead.  I hate my ex.  He wasn't just the worst boyfriend he was the worst person I ever knew and am personally ashamed for being with him.

If you're getting overwhelmed, reach out to the bridal party and parents for help.  That is if you can depend on them.  My sister agreed to do something 3 months ago and hasn't even thought of it since.
  • edited December 2011
    I had a meltdown around 4 months.  I was just stressed and didn't know where to start on my to do's.  It will pass, and then you'll stop caring and just want the wedding to get here and over.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies.   I think my worst meltdown was around the 7 month mark, and then I remember feeling it around 5 months.  2 months is pretty rough though.  Tomorrow we're going to a family friend's wedding.  I remember so many times thinking "theirs is so far away, when it comes, we're going to be so close" and now its here.

My wedding anxiety dreams usually are about things not getting/being done, or me not being prepared. I had a dream that we didn't get any pictures becuase I couldn't find the photographer and the sun set before we could take any.

MH - how is your last weekend as an unmarried woman?
  • Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a meltdown pretty much every day lol. And I'm going to the outlets tomorrow! lol
  • edited December 2011
    Watch out for the dressing rooms.....they are hot, loud and definitely meltdown inducing! :-)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_two-month-meltdown?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:3d78e150-0254-4229-8801-522081495c89Post:12dbff28-c76c-4d54-828d-a46a1119462d">Two Month Meltdown</a>:
    [QUOTE] I also had a dream last night that on the day of my wedding I realized I had mistakenly asked my bridesmaids to wear longsleeved, skin-tight, red latext rubber dresses.
    Posted by caraellen23[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Our BM have the same dresses?

</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Cara - I'm right about at the two month mark and no meltdown just yet.  I really hope I don't have one.  What are your concerns?  That you don't have enough done yet?  Start working on random things... assembling bathroom baskets, printing directions, ordering favors, wrapping bridal party gifts, writing bridal party thank yous -  anything.. I think doing small stuff that you'd normally do later on will really help you feel accomplished.

I did have a wedding dream just last night.  It was me getting completely $hitfaced at the wedding, passing out in the bathroom and not remembering any of it.  I have a fear of drinking too much - especially just pounding champagne to calm my nerves!
  • edited December 2011
    Cara- Those dresses sound hot.... .you should totally reconsider the ones you are having them wear ;)

I haven't had a meltdown really, it will happen eventually I am sure. I haven't had any odd wedding dreams in a while but the other night I had a dream that I forgot my shoes, so all I had was my bridal slippers. I also forgot my veil. Then my hair started to droop and it wasn't even time for pics, so my DOC says I told you I hated that hair stylist! .... so odd how all of that happened in one dream.
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I had a dream a few months ago that I was all dressed and made up for the wedding, but the bridesmaids forgot to buy dresses, so I went to stores all dressed up for the wedding and was yanking dresses off the racks for my bridesmaids!  Whew, I was glad to wake up from that one!

I have only one month to go!  My main worry is how the hell are we going to make these final payments to vendors.  It's been keeping me awake most nights.  Luckily, FI and I sat down tonight and hashed out how we're going to handle paying each vendor, so that made me feel a little better.
  • edited December 2011
    Cara, I'm the day before you and I had 2 (yes 2) meltdowns this weekend! I think FI is ready to kill me!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • edited December 2011
    Jen, I think we need to get together and have a drink!!  Are you feeling better today? 
  • edited December 2011
    Yes i am better today, but my invites are still sitting on the living room floor waiting for stamps- so I may take you up on the offer to meet for a drink!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_two-month-meltdown?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:3d78e150-0254-4229-8801-522081495c89Post:f5f2cba5-e768-4709-9037-873e51955b3f">Re: Two Month Meltdown</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Two Month Meltdown : Our BM have the same dresses?
    Posted by NCV2[/QUOTE]

Oh and this totally made my day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards