Colorado
Options

Aspen outdoor wedding ceremony site???

I'm looking for a ceremony site much like the one at Maroon Bells in Aspen CO. The only reason why I can't have the ceremony at Maroon Bells is bc they only allow 65 guests and my wedding is going to be around 150 people.

Does anyone know of a simple, quiet outdoor spot for a ceremony in Aspen? Elk Mountain Lodge was the other option and the venue was bought out a year ago so that is no longer an option either....HELP!!!!!

Re: Aspen outdoor wedding ceremony site???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Perhaps contact Aspen chamber of commerce?  that's always a possibility.   Aspen medows  was looking pretty good.  Aspen's pretty expensive though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aspen Meadows has a couple of pretty outdoor options with beautiful views, I considered it for my ceremony.  Also Bumps at the base of Buttermilk has tons of space and is an affordable Aspen option.  I ended up choosing the wedding deck at the top of Aspen Mountain.  I just couldn't find anything more breathtaking. The Chamber of Commerce does have some good suggestions, I would also suggest looking into a wedding coordinator (if you haven't already).  It will make planning your Aspen wedding much easier!  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

When you said the top of the mountain, are you talking about The Little Nell? I love that place but for my size of wedding and the type of booze and food people will expect it's just a little too far out of our budget, thank you all for suggestions! I can't wait to get down there after I get back from being a bridesmaid in Vegas and check some places out!!!

• Options
    skitowndougskitowndoug member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I went to a wedding last fall at aspen meadows - was outdoors with great views of Aspen mountain..  

• Options
    edited December 2011
    if you want to be up by maroon bells, try the meadow at T Lazy 7 Ranch just down the road from the bells.
  • Options
    VivLynneVivLynne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you ever find a good place for your Aspen outdoor wedding?  I'm looking also! 
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado_aspen-outdoor-wedding-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:632Discussion:4a126010-0838-4539-b7e0-ef94fda12964Post:7ceeb67f-6cce-4cae-ba5c-f393fe6a3b44">Re: Aspen outdoor wedding ceremony site???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you ever find a good place for your Aspen outdoor wedding?  I'm looking also! 
    Posted by VivLynne[/QUOTE]

Weddings at the top of Aspen mountain are gorgeous. There are some great places in Snowmass Village as well, check out the Snowmass Club. They have a gorgeous ceremony site on the golf course with amazing views.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards