Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

frosting on my wedding cake......

we are going to one place who does everything from the wedding to the cake to the food and flowers. but with our cake she does not offer a tasting and she said they do a cream cheese frosting and no one will be able to tell. I HATE CREAM CHEESE and i told her i dont want it. do i have every right to tell her no on the cream cheese frosting? and our cake is 3 teir one is chocolate, one is white and the other is apple. what kind of frosting or fillings would be good?

Re: frosting on my wedding cake......

• future-mrsfuture-mrs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you hate it, don't do it!  I would say a buttercream or just a plain vanilla fondant would be good for all of those.  Is it like each tier is a different flavor but still stacked like a wedding cake?
  • edited December 2011
    yes each teir is a different flavor but it is stacked well kinda, its going to be a squar cake and i do not want the corners to meet up. if u understand what im saying. its going to be chocolate, white, apple, then chocolate again.
  • edited December 2011
    Would you be willing to pay extra to upgrade to a different kind of frosting?  You could ask if that was an option.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i dont like cream cheese nothing with it. i dont like it by its self or in anything. i dont like cheese cake or anything. i am going to talk to her about doing something else. i think i have a right to say what i want.
  • jeanna85jeanna85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would at least do a tasting first. Cream cheese frosting tastes nothing like the cream cheese you put on bagels (there's as much sugar in cream cheese frosting as buttercream). Also, if it's the bakery's specialty, it's probably really good. If it wasn't, more people would have complained and they would have the buttercream option (at least you would assume so). Just try it, and try to negotiate if you don't like it.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Have you actually tasted cream cheese frosting?  I despise cream cheese and cheesecake, but love cream cheese frosting.  If you haven't tasted it, at least taste some before freaking out over this.  Then, if you don't like it, ask the caterer if changing is an option - but keep in mind that it may cost extra, or she may refuse.  Then you can ask if you are allowed to bring in a different baker for the cake (again, you may have to pay a fee for that).

If you can change the frosting, I think vanilla or buttercream would be good.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Wait, do you hate cream cheese or cream cheese frosting?  Cream cheese frosting is delish, but not on white cakes usually.

Is that your only option?  If they do pastries they surely know how to make other types of frosting, and even then I think it's strange that they don't do tastings, so I would personally make that a dealbreaker if you're concerned. 
  • edited December 2011
    Ask if she can do vanilla or buttercream (I suspect she does but the creamcheese is her signature).  If not, then you can take your business elsewhere.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    when we had our tasting, i thought the cream cheese frosting tasted just like cream cheese- which i cant eat. yuck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards