Michigan-Detroit

Roll Call: Lurkers this means you too!

2»

Re: Roll Call: Lurkers this means you too!

• wetz4975wetz4975 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  Name and FI (or DH)'s name: Heather and Gerald aka Eddie
    2.  Wedding Date: 9-3-2011
    3.  How did you meet: In College
    4.  Favorite/Least Favorite thing about the holidays: Favorits is spending time with family.
    Least Favorite is helping my mom cook for christmas eve morning breakfast for the entire family to come over.
    5.  Do you make New Years resolutions? This year I'm going to try to get in shape for the wedding.
    6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?) Everything I had as been answered already.
    7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you. I LOVE to sleep. Its like a hobby. Haven't got much latly with all the wedding planing and the holidays.
  • edited December 2011
    1.  Name and FI (or DH)'s name:  Kristina and Eric
    2.  Wedding Date:  April 16th, 2011
    3.  How did you meet:  I needed a guitarist for an audition and a friend recommended Eric.  After several drunken rehearsals together, we realized we were crazy about each other lol.
    4.  Favorite/Least Favorite thing about the holidays: 
         Favorite:  buying presents for everyone!
         Least Favorite:  traveling back and forth from Grand Rapids to the east side
    5.  Do you make New Years resolutions?  Yes and I'm usually very good about sticking to them
    6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?)  nope
    7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you.  Um. My mom is getting remarried like 2 months before my wedding. Weird right? lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    1.  Name and FI (or DH)'s name: lesley and jonathan
    2.  Wedding Date: may 27 2012
    3.  How did you meet: friends
    4.  Favorite/Least Favorite thing about the holidays: black friday/cranky people
    5.  Do you make New Years resolutions? tone up for my dress
    6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?) DH?? that is the only one i am missing..
    7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you. i hate to use capital letters not because i am too lazy just because i think most of them look ugly :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_roll-call-lurkers-this-means?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:c5382966-cebc-423c-8a5c-f3d7e78601efPost:38d3e7e9-6e49-47c4-bb38-c1c662ae08e5">Re: Roll Call: Lurkers this means you too!</a>:
    [QUOTE] DH?? that is the only one i am missing.. Posted by lesley909[/QUOTE]

Dear Husband
    DS Born 12/21/11 #2 EDD 4/7/13
  • edited December 2011
    1.  Name and FI (or DH)'s name: Crystal and Tony
    2.  Wedding Date: September 24, 2011
    3.  How did you meet:Mutual friends
    4.  Favorite/Least Favorite thing about the holidays:Best- time off of work. Worst- work is slow
    5.  Do you make New Years resolutions? No
    6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?) Nope
    7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you. I love my puppy!
  • edited December 2011
    Emarston1:

Thanks for the tip. I am proud to share I'm a Jenny. One of the many, many 80's 

Jenny's (I once had a class with 5 of us!!) so I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one here. I

can't wait till there is more to share! A little sneak, I am strongly considering my

something blue to be my hair! But there's no way I could have it for work. Maybe I 

need to break out that brunette wig......
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could always have subtle blue streaks in your hair.  I've actually seen people do this (not necessarily for weddings) but with dark brown hair with blue streaks.  It's subtle but it has a touch of punk rock.

Or blue nailpolish.  Lots of ladies do blue nail polish.
  • GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_roll-call-lurkers-this-means?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:c5382966-cebc-423c-8a5c-f3d7e78601efPost:a8fb5ccf-a5dc-4ff5-9976-1b4ef91cbf71">Re: Roll Call: Lurkers this means you too!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Emarston1:      Thanks for the tip.<strong> I am proud to share I'm a Jenny. One of the many, many 80's  Jenny's (I once had a class with 5 of us!!) so I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one here.</strong> I can't wait till there is more to share! A little sneak, I am strongly considering my something blue to be my hair! But there's no way I could have it for work. Maybe I  need to break out that brunette wig......
    Posted by picklesmurphy[/QUOTE]

You and me, both :) I had two girlfriends in HS named Jennifer. I met my best friend (a Jennifer, spelt her name Jenni) in middle school and switced up how I spelt my name. I used it with a "y" in Elementary, then did it with an "ie" in Middle - HS.  So there was three of us, all who spelt our names differently (Jennie, Jenni and Jenny).

ETA: To add to the mix, my DH's cousin's wife's name is Jenny, and we have the  same last name. Thankfully, her legal name is Jenny and not Jennifer. That was kind of the last deciding factor if I would just add DH's last name to my maiden, or change it all together.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_roll-call-lurkers-this-means?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:c5382966-cebc-423c-8a5c-f3d7e78601efPost:2a27c433-bf28-475f-b6f1-40d4b51df0c7">Re: Roll Call: Lurkers this means you too!</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.  Name and FI (or DH)'s name: Barb & Chris 2.  Wedding Date:  4/2/2011  stupid knot would like to tell me that that is 102 days away! 3.  How did you meet:  Basically at a bar but he knew my friend already. 4.  Favorite/Least Favorite thing about the holidays:  Fav: family time/ work bonus!  least: Family time=lots of driving 5.  Do you make New Years resolutions?  Nope but since there is only 102 days until the wedding I think working out again will be for this year 6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?)  Why are there so many lurkers?  Really I don't bite and the others don't either 7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you.  Umm.... my screen name should do it.  Who else would want to be called Mrs Barstool?
    Posted by MrsBarstool2011[/QUOTE]

I THINK THIS IS THE PERFECT NAME!!!
  • edited December 2011
    1.  Name and FI (or DH)'s name: Susan and Dave
    2.  Wedding Date:  7/3/2011 
    3.  How did you meet:  Match.com
    4.  Favorite/Least Favorite thing about the holidays:  Fav: time of work, time with family, time to catch up around the house  least: spending so much darn money
    5.  Do you make New Years resolutions?  I am going with the work out resolution this year. i have been eating ok (considering the huge amount of cookies that are in the house) now i need to get to the gym
    6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?)  Nope not really
    7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you.  UMMM I love the show friends and my dogs name is chandler bing
  • edited December 2011
    Wow Gwen, That is a lot of Jennys! You know, in 25 years all the Bellas will be having the same conversation lol!

Emarston I love my crazy red hair, but I don't think blue streaks would work with it. Sigh, if only my ultra conservative boss would let me have blue. He hates the red but it is our compromise. I love the blue nail polish! 
  • lcsnowflakelcsnowflake member
    edited December 2011
    1.  Name and FI (or DH)'s name: Laura and Matt
    2.  Wedding Date: May 21, 2011
    3.  How did you meet: high school cross country team
    4.  Favorite/Least Favorite thing about the holidays: Fave: spending time with family (corny but true); Least: thinking of good ideas for gifts.  I like to get people things they actually want or will use so I try to put alot of time into thinking of ideas
    5.  Do you make New Years resolutions? not anymore, but working out is one this year with the wedding coming up, but just overall being healthier
    6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?) nothing other than being surprised about the # of lurkers, please join the convos!
    7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you. I will be doing minimal wedding planning in the next few months because the ski slopes are open!!!
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Susan - LOVE that you named your dog Chandler Bing.  Love FRIENDS as well.  I was watching the episode where Chandler and Monica announce their engagement and Monica kept yelling about her thunder being stolen.  I kept imagining her coming on TK and getting yelled at for using that phrase.

Also I agree with Laura, lurkee loos need to come out of hiding !  We're all really nice (for the most part!).  The more people we have on the board the more active it will be :)  It's been kinda dead lately.
  • lcsnowflakelcsnowflake member
    edited December 2011
    Jenny- like emartson said- the blue hair might be cute as a streak under so you could see it if your hair was in an updo... also are you related to Mike?  I'm putting the pieces together based on your name and profile name.
  • edited December 2011
    Nope, no Mike. Sorry..
  • edited December 2011
    1.  Name and FI (or DH)'s name: Lisa and Jordan
    2.  Wedding Date:
    5-05-2012 (maybe)
    3.  How did you meet: Playing rugby

4.  Favorite/Least Favorite thing about the holidays:
    Favorite: time off work, getting to spend time with family.  Least: stupid drivers.
    5.  Do you make New Years resolutions?
    Nope, I never follow them.
    6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?)

So far no!
    7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you.

We both play rugby for Detroit and we're hoping to not have a black eyes, knocked out front teeth, bruised arms, legs, face on our wedding day :) He's also Canadian.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_roll-call-lurkers-this-means?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:c5382966-cebc-423c-8a5c-f3d7e78601efPost:42ee6834-a216-4e48-8208-b99d984f8854">Re: Roll Call: Lurkers this means you too!</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.  Name and FI (or DH)'s name:  Kristen and Mike 2.  Wedding Date: October 1st, 2011 3.  How did you meet:  At an athletic training event...we had mutual friends. 4.  Favorite thing about the holidays: I LOVE shopping and giving gifts!  I love getting together with my family.  And I love the tradition my sister and I have of giving in and opening one small gift on Christmas Eve, even though my parents still give us a hard time about it! 5.  Do you make New Years resolutions?  I like to call it "setting goals".  6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?)  Now that I know what AW means, I am feeling much better. 7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you?  I completed my first Half-Ironman race in September!
    Posted by hamiltks10[/QUOTE]

oh hey I think I know you!  Ugly sweater party...wine and cheese....kayla and daves house?

I remember because i thought it was funny we have the same name and are both marrying mikes!
    Anniversary
  • alliek_81alliek_81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  Name and FI (or DH)'s name: Allison & Jason
    2.  Wedding Date:
    6/3/2011
    3.  How did you meet: My cousin and his dad bowled on the same team together.

4.  Favorite/Least Favorite thing about the holidays: Visiting his family/ Visiting my family
    5.  Do you make New Years resolutions?  not usually but I definitely have to get healthy :)
    6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?) nope I have lurked far too long!

7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you.

I am a big movie and music junkie! The music is going to be the hardest but most fun to plan! Can't wait!
  • awroblewskiawroblewski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  Name and FI (or DH)'s name: Angela & Peter
    2.  Wedding Date: October 1, 2011
    3.  How did you meet: He did his residency at the hospital that I worked at and I had known him for about 5 years before we ever had a date!
    4.  Favorite/Least Favorite thing about the holidays: I love all the beautiful decorations, Christmas songs, and getting to spend time with family that you don't get a chance to see so often. My least favorite thing is that I spend too much money because I love giving gifts!
    5.  Do you make New Years resolutions? I do but most years they are pretty much the same (eat better, work out more, etc.,) but this year I really am going to work on communicating more effectively and having a more positive attitude!
    6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?)  No 
    7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you. I miss living in Michigan more than I ever thought I would! I have only been away a year and a half but Iowa just plain stinks! It literally smells like cow almost everyday to me lol!
    ~Angela~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards