May 2012 Weddings
Options

Changing veils?

I'm planning on wearing a cathedral length veil for the ceremony, and I was considering trying to keep it on through the first dance and then draping it across my chair at the reception and I would just have some sort of hair piece in to keep something in my hair. 
Now, the more I think about it, I really want to be wearing a veil the entire night.  I'm thinking about getting an elbow length veil to switch into after formal pics to wear for the reception. Is this really weird? Has anyone seen it done before? All suggestions and ideas are appreciated! :)

Re: Changing veils?

• Options
    I vote weird. But only because that thing is coming off my head as soon as I step out of the church.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I was actually considering changing veils as well - mine is also cathedral length, but I can't decide if it's worth it since I might end up just taking off the second one anyway while dancing.

• Options
    Honestly, I don't think most people are even going to notice that you've changed veils.  Since the thing is attached to your head, I'd definitely swap it for a shorter one - it wouldn't feel good or be good on your hairstyle if someone stepped on it while you were walking around inbetween the end of the ceremony and the first dance!

Personally, I am taking my veil off for the reception but keeping my hairpiece in.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I agree with PP. I don't think anyone will really notice! And, I would definitely change into the smaller one :) I will be taking mine off after the ceremony, but keeping my hair piece in!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm wearing an elbow length one.  I plan to wear it for the reception...but it all dependson how I feel that day.  I might end up taking it off. 

I agree with PP, if you want to keep it on all night, you should get a shorter one to wear for the reception. 

• Options
    I agree, no one will notice. I too am taking mine off after the ceremony.
  • Options
    I agree with PP, do a veil change...I am. I'm changing from an elbow veil to a bird cage...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm changing from an elbow lengthe veil to a headpiece of some kind (trying to make a headband out of the strap that is on my gown that I want removed)
    imageimage
    Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]
  • Options
    It seems a little weird to me only because veils are usually only for the ceremony, but you can do whatever you want :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the input ladies! :)
  • Options
    I have a cathedral length veil and an elbow lenth one.  I'm usin the elbow one as a blusher and may wear that one all night and take the long one off after pictures
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards