Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Bridal Portrait Location Suggestions Please

Can anyone offer bridal portrait location suggestions?  Preferrably, other than plantations.  My parents don't go to plantations for the simple fact of what they represent.  I'm not too keen on the idea myself.  I get the historical aspect of keeping the beautiful buildings around, but the thought of the horrid acts commited there really turns me off.  All I can think of is the Old State Capitol ($100) and Old Governor's Mansion ($200), a little pricey.  So, any ideas?
Bio (updated 4/3/10 with invitations) AAW Board Brides
500 invitedimage 301 acceptedimage 101 declinedimage

RSVP date: April 23rd Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Portrait Location Suggestions Please

• edited December 2011
    Rural Life Museum charges $70 and it is a more rustic setting - the landscaping is pretty in the gardens, plus there's an adorable wooden chapel you can go in to take pics. 
  • edited December 2011
    I am going to Greystone Country Club in Denham Springs. It's a very large property with some interesting and classic settings for pictures. They don't have many pictures on their website, but Jodi has several examples she could email you. I don't know how much they charge because they will be using my pictures in their brochures, so I don't have to pay a fee. I think it's something like $50, though.

http://www.greystonecountryclub.com/index.html

I also did NOT want a plantation for my bridals, and it seems like that's all anyone wants to recommend.

I also looked at the Audubon Park (free) and City Park ($50) in New Orleans, if you want to travel. Both are very nice places and I've seen beautiful, interesting pictures from those locations.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

Thank you ladies for the response.  Jeana, you are so right.  Plantations are popular, I needed other recommendations.  Greystone looks beautiful!  We are date twins, when are you taking your bridals?

• edited December 2011
    Hey, we are date twins! How neat!

My bridals are scheduled for Thursday, April 22. Weekdays are best since not many people will be around golfing or whatever.

You should drive over there one day and take a look. I especially like the iron staircase in the back of the clubhouse, and the pavillion with big white columns by the pool.

Where are you getting married? I'm getting married at the Gatehouse. :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding is at St. George and reception Elegant Affairs.  Can you believe we are down to under three months?  The big day will be here before you know it.  Good luck with your planning and let me know if there is anything I can help you with.  You have been quite helpful on this board to many of the brides!

• Cherry0109Cherry0109 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I took mine at the od state capital and paid the $100- but I also went and took some in front of the shaw center by the fountains and at the top of the shaw center (out side tsunami) as well as on the levee and rail road tracks, etc.

I know several people who have taken pictures down town and not gone to the old gov's mantion or the old state cap due to the fact that they didn't wat to pay... they tookd pictures in the capital gardens, out side the new state cap, out side the old state cap, the pentagon barracks etc... they all came out beautiful
  • christyg415christyg415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if you want to travel, but I graduated from college in Natchitoches.  BEAUTIFUL town!  That's where I'm taking my bridals in May.  There are so many great places to take pictures there, as does Baton Rouge. I just moved from Baton Rouge to Little Rock, AR - getting married in West Monroe, LA... so I'm traveling all over to get married and have portraits taken!!! Good luck deciding!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I am taking my bridals at Hemingbough in St. Francisville. BEAUTIFUL!
  • edited December 2011
    Vermillionville in Lafayette is amazing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Big, big like the moon...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards