Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Need gift ideas please

Hi everyone!

This is my first time posting on this board. My older brother is getting married in about 3 weeks & I really want to get them a really nice wedding gift. Every time I try to think of something, I draw a blank. For my wedding, most of our family members gave us money to put in our savings. We also got a few picture frames. I appreciate any gift ideas or advice you all may have. Thank you!
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Need gift ideas please

• Options
    Do they have a registry?  If so, maybe you could get something from it that you know he'll like and really appreciate.  My brother got us our standmixer, which was incredibly generous of him, and he always does a ton of cooking himself, so it was a bit more meaningful coming from him, and I know we'll get years of use out of it, and I think I'll always be reminded of him when I use it.  You could also personalize registry gifts (e.g. add on cute cookie cutters to baking sheets and measuring spoons). 

You know your brother better than any poster here.  Would he and his FI enjoy a gift card for a night at a B&B?  A fancy dinner out?  Theater tickets?  A Le Creuset Dutch oven in the same color as their kitchen walls? 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_need-gift-ideas-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:6c9e9962-b239-466a-a05e-173ed4168bd3Post:0998d0a3-3b30-469c-a5cb-7e717d57f21d">Re: Need gift ideas please</a>:
    [QUOTE]If he has a registry, I suggest using that.  That's what people want, so just use it! Do they own a home?  We bought ours about a year before the wedding.  <strong>My sister gave a card saying they will buy a tree of our choice and plant it for us.  In fact, they are doign it this weekend!</strong>  I love that! 
    Posted by noodle_oo[/QUOTE]

My parents gave us a beautiful japanese maple sapling the year we moved in - i don't care where we go, i'm taking that tree
  • Options
    If he has a registry, I suggest using that.  That's what people want, so just use it!

Do they own a home?  We bought ours about a year before the wedding.  My sister gave a card saying they will buy a tree of our choice and plant it for us.  In fact, they are doign it this weekend!  I love that! 
  • Options
    kkaupukkaupu member
    First Comment
    Thanks everyone for the advice. I've been stressing out a little over this. My brother is so important to me & I want to give them something special. Unfortunately, they are not registered anywhere. But, after reading all your responses a few new ideas came to me. So, thank you all! I really appreciate it!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_need-gift-ideas-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:6c9e9962-b239-466a-a05e-173ed4168bd3Post:0998d0a3-3b30-469c-a5cb-7e717d57f21d">Re: Need gift ideas please</a>:
    [QUOTE]If he has a registry, I suggest using that.  That's what people want, so just use it! Do they own a home?  We bought ours about a year before the wedding. <strong> My sister gave a card saying they will buy a tree of our choice and plant it for us.  In fact, they are doign it this weekend!  I love that! </strong>
    Posted by noodle_oo[/QUOTE]

Oh my god I LOVE that idea! How unique, thoughtful, and environmentally savvy. I am a bit of a tree hugger, so I would be very grateful if someone did that for us. :]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards