June 2013 Weddings
Options

C & V Thursday

Let out your pre-holiday confessions and vents here!!

Re: C & V Thursday

• Options
    Vent: Three people at work are leaving this week because they found better jobs, and one more retired. I guess I'm in charge by default because I just got a lecture from the building owner that we're parking in the wrong area. The boss is back in the hospital. I'm the employee who's been here the longest, but I don't want to be in charge.

Confession: I really just want to go back home and go to bed. I cannot stay awake.

Cake! - June 2013
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Confession: We are not ready for Christmas at all, and we're supposed to be finishing our shopping on Friday. We have to make the fudge we're going to take to our families, because we can't really afford much for Christmas this year unfortunately with the wedding we didn't really start saving for Christmas soon enough.

Vent: My nerves are so racked, because we are always stressed every year on Christmas Eve, because we do two different Christmas's. My second party that I go to never feels like they get enough time with us on that day. Not really our problem though seeing how it used to be my mother who threw the party and I would just go home at the end of the night. It's not like I used to ever go to the party I just ended up at it towards the end because I was HOME my mother threw the party and I came home so that meant I had to go. They never saw me all that day nothing has ever changed. I've always spent that day with my father and my grandparents and now I get annoyed that my mom's family expects me to be there even though they know that that's the time I spend with my dad's family. It just really gets under my skin. FI tries to keep me calm all night and just make the night easy, but I get so frustrated. 

Okay sorry about that. I'm done now, because if I don't stop now I'd go on and on and probably repeat the same things, because of how frustrated and flustered this makes me!
    Smile
  • Options
    Confession: There are way too many sweets in our office kitchen. And whenever I go by it I'm tempted to grab something.

Vent: FI went out for drinks with his friend last night since he just finished his semester and was excited that now he has free time again. He said that it will only be for a couple hours and that he'll be home around midnight or so. Well I wake up at 2:30 a.m. and he's still not home. Which is fine, I don't mind how late he stays out, especially since he has today off from work BUT it bugs me to no end that he hasn't sent me a text saying that he's out later than expected. His excuse was that I was asleep anyways, but I feel like it's a nice thing to do regardless, so that if I randomly wake up in the middle of the night I'm not going crazy over where he is and if he's ok.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Confession: We have a state exec here today at work and I'm on here and FB instead of being productive. Oops.

Vent: We have to work Christmas Eve. I could understand if it wasn't a Monday, but what's the point of having the weekend, then coming in to work just a half day, only to have the next day off. It's seriously dumb. Since it's a half day I'm going to take half a personal day, which sucks that I have to use my personal day for a holiday I feel we should have off to begin with. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Confession: I'm bailing on my future in-laws' holiday party this weekend so I can go to lunch with my aunts, who are in from out of town. The party was supposed to be Friday night, but my FMIL changed the date because they're calling for a whopping inch of snow here tomorrow. I already had the plans in place before she changed the date of the party, so I don't feel too bad.

Vent: We are broke assses right now. My fiance's check for coaching fall sports didn't come in when it was supposed to because the woman in charge of submitting the payroll info forgot to send it in. It will be here a full two months late now, and we were planning to use it for Christmas gifts. Yeah, not so much. I'm sure she didn't intentionally forget to submit the payroll info, but seriously, how do you forget it for TWO MONTHS? So we're skint 'til next Friday. Yay.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_c-v-thursday-36?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:e0946a95-0374-477e-87ac-fab72be7472cPost:45c7512b-94d4-4b2c-9e17-45f728b96510">Re: C & V Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession: I'm bailing on my future in-laws' holiday party this weekend so I can go to lunch with my aunts, who are in from out of town. The party was supposed to be Friday night, but my FMIL changed the date because they're calling for a whopping inch of snow here tomorrow. I already had the plans in place before she changed the date of the party, so I don't feel too bad. Vent: We are broke assses right now. <strong>My fiance's check for coaching fall sports didn't come in when it was supposed to because the woman in charge of submitting the payroll info forgot to send it in</strong>. It will be here a full two months late now, and we were planning to use it for Christmas gifts. Yeah, not so much. I'm sure she didn't intentionally forget to submit the payroll info, but seriously, how do you forget it for TWO MONTHS? So we're skint 'til next Friday. Yay.
    Posted by emilyb213[/QUOTE]

ugh, i feel for you!  I coached for years and I think the first 3 years my checks were ALWAYS late; so annoying!!  Sorry :/

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards