California-Orange County

Rancho Capistrano Closing

Just wondering if anyone on here has booked Rancho Capistrano as their wedding venue for 2010.  We have and since they are closing (although state that they will hold all weddings currently booked through 2010) we are considering finding a new venue.  If you are having your wedding at Rancho Capistrano this year, what have you heard and how do you plan to dealing with this unfortunate circumstance?  I appreciate any feedback you have.

Thanks!

Re: Rancho Capistrano Closing

• edited December 2011
    My girlfriend was in the situation adn she rebooked to Rancho Las Lomas and is super happy with her decision. Stinky situation! So sorry and good luck!
  • lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, that is too bad.  Sorry to hear about your situation. I really like my venue if you are thinking about switching the Ebell--info on my bio if you want to check it out.  Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I booked a wedding through Rancho Cap as well.  At first I was pretty stressed and overwhelmed but honestly I feel like if I backed out and attempted to find another place it would make me even more stressed especially since my date is June 20th and I don't really feel like pushing it back, so I'm going to go ahead and stay.  At first when I called to get answers everything was up in the air but it seems to be settling down now.  From what it sounds like the only change is we would now have to find a caterer.  I know it sounds like a big hassle but I called all three caterers that Rancho reccomended and all want the business so bad that they are extremely helpful and willing to work with you.  One of the caterers named Taste is really good at making sure you stay within the same budget.  Anyway let me know if you have any questions because I've been the really annoying person that calls all the time and asks a million questions :)
  • edited December 2011
    I had my wedding booked there for April 24th. We heard that the grounds are not being well maintained, among many other rumors. Who knows what's really true, but we got all of our $ back and switched venues. It's a terribly stressful situation but we decided that we didn't want to risk it at a place that's closing and has laid off all employees.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards