DC

Planning/Tasting meeting today!

razdazzlerazdazzle member
First Anniversary First Comment
Fi and I are meeting with the caterer this afternoon to pick the menu, cake, and linens...I am so excited!  This has me thinking...

What are some tips/questions I should ask?

What did you all decide to do for your cocktail hour, dinner, dessert?

Re: Planning/Tasting meeting today!

• SchnebsSchnebs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What kind of accommodations can they make for people with allergies?

For the vegetarians on the guest list as if the broths they use to make sauces are made with vegetable or animal stock.  (I make sure to do this as we have vegetarians in our WP who ask this when we go to dinner and making a pasta sauce for the veggie dish that is based with chicken stock pretty much defeats the purpose).

When you give them final numbers, do they make enough for that number or a little extra to accommodate for heavy eaters, any crashers, etc.

If your caterer is cutting your cake ask if they charge a cake cutting fee (either that or your reception location might).

Are there any ways to substitute equivalent things for one another?  For example, we want to do a buffet at noon so the Brunch buffet makes sense and is the most cost effective way to go for our venue.  But we don't want a lot of brunch items so we are substituting a breakfast meat (ham) with a ham carving station.  Instead of having scrampbled eggs we are going to trade it out for another vegetable option, and instead of two potatoe dishes we are going to try and get two hourd'ourves (I know I butchered the spelling on that one) traded or something similar. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards