New Jersey - South

Vendor Reviews - Finally!!

Hello Ladies!
I am *finally* getting around to posting vendor reviews from my November 6th wedding.  We had an AMAZING day!!  The weather was beautiful and everything was perfect!  I would like to thank all of the girls on this board for their input, thoughts, ideas, support, etc during my wedding planning process.  Now that it is all over I miss wedding planning!  For all you brides to be - enjoy this time!  I know it can be stressful but try to enjoy the moment.  Ok...so, on with the reviews:
1)  Church - Cathedral of the Woods - A. This is where we had our ceremony and where I have always wanted to have my ceremony.  It was everything I hoped it would be and their wedding coordinator Cindy was awesome!  Our Reverand was great too - I loved our ceremony!  Definitely a great place to get married!!
2)  Reception - The Westin Mt Laurel - A+.  I can not say enough good things about the Westin.  The venue is beautiful, I absolutely loved the ballroom from the minute I saw it.  At our reception the service was amazing, the food was fantastic - it was perfect!  Our family and friends are still talking about how great the food and service was there.  The staff at The Westin were always accessible while I was planning too.  Melanie was awesome!
3)   Photographer - Jennifer Childress Photography - A+.  Jenn is amazing!!!  My husband and I have not gotten all our pics back yet but the teaser she posted on her blog is awesome!!  We love love love her and I would recommend her to any bride looking for an excellent photog.  She is professional, accessible and sooo talented!  Check out my pics "Eileen and Mike - The Westin" http://www.jennchildphoto.com/
4)  DJ - Synergetic Sounds - A+ Again, an amazingly awesome vendor!!  Our DJ Matt had me dancing all night!  I had a blast at my wedding and he had everything to do with that.  Check out the email I sent them thanking them for an amazing night  http://synergeticsounds.blogspot.com/2009/12/eileen-and-mike.html
5) Florist - Leigh Florist - A+ Denise the owner was so great to work with.  I *loved* my flowers on my wedding day!!  Denise knew exactly what I wanted and was always willing to be price conscious as well. 
6) Limo - Leggs limo - A My hubby and I really just needed a limo to take me and my MOH to the church and then me and hubby to the reception.  So, I have to be honest and say that I went with Leggs because they were most reasonably priced out of all the places I called.  They were great and I would def use them again.  The car was nice and clean, they were on time and our driver was nothing but nice.
7) Dresses - Yours Forever Bridal - A+  I love the women who work at Yours Forever.  We got my dress, my mother's dress and my MOH (I didn't have any other BMs) dress there and they were wonderful.  Nancy the owner was so nice to me - I am not a small girl and she was so flexible with waiting as late as possible to order the dress to give me as much time to lose weight as possible.  Alterations were great, customer service was great - I would go there again in a heartbeat but I don't plan to get married again!  :)
8)  Hair/makeup - Karen Capcino - A+  Karen *rocks*!!  She did an awesome job with my hair and makeup and she is soooo sweet!  It is *so very nice* to have someone come to the house to do everyone's hair and makeup the day of the wedding.  
9) Tuxedos - Yours Forever Bridal - B.  For as much as I loved the women at Yours Forever and they did an outstanding job with our dresses, they kind of botched things with the tuxes.  Forgot to get Hubby's shoes, got the wrong shirts and my FIL's tux didn't fit.  They did take care of everything and all was good for our wedding day but there were def some bumps in the road with tuxes.  I think dresses are really their forte.
10) Wedding prep - Boot camp at Breakthru Fitness - A+  The day after I found my dress I started boot camp at Breakthru Fitness in Medford and I worked my butt off - literally!!!  I lost 25 pounds and 11 inches by going to boot camp and changing how I ate.  I met an awesome group of people and love boot camp!  I am still doing it!  I am addicted and I *never* thought I would say that about any form of exercise!
Ok - that was long!!!!!  Hope this helps all of you brides to be!  Happy planning girls!  And again - thank you to all of you who supported me during my planning process.
Just got an email from my photog - my proofs are ready!!!  Yay!!!

Re: Vendor Reviews - Finally!!

• edited December 2011
    Hello Ladies!
    I am *finally* getting around to posting vendor reviews from my November 6th wedding.  We had an AMAZING day!!  The weather was beautiful and everything was perfect!  I would like to thank all of the girls on this board for their input, thoughts, ideas, support, etc during my wedding planning process.  Now that it is all over I miss wedding planning!  For all you brides to be - enjoy this time!  I know it can be stressful but try to enjoy the moment.  Ok...so, on with the reviews:
    1)  Church - Cathedral of the Woods - A. This is where we had our ceremony and where I have always wanted to have my ceremony.  It was everything I hoped it would be and their wedding coordinator Cindy was awesome!  Our Reverand was great too - I loved our ceremony!  Definitely a great place to get married!!
    2)  Reception - The Westin Mt Laurel - A+.  I can not say enough good things about the Westin.  The venue is beautiful, I absolutely loved the ballroom from the minute I saw it.  At our reception the service was amazing, the food was fantastic - it was perfect!  Our family and friends are still talking about how great the food and service was there.  The staff at The Westin were always accessible while I was planning too.  Melanie was awesome!
    3)   Photographer - Jennifer Childress Photography - A+.  Jenn is amazing!!!  My husband and I have not gotten all our pics back yet but the teaser she posted on her blog is awesome!!  We love love love her and I would recommend her to any bride looking for an excellent photog.  She is professional, accessible and sooo talented!  Check out my pics "Eileen and Mike - The Westin" http://www.jennchildphoto.com/
    4)  DJ - Synergetic Sounds - A+ Again, an amazingly awesome vendor!!  Our DJ Matt had me dancing all night!  I had a blast at my wedding and he had everything to do with that.  Check out the email I sent them thanking them for an amazing night  http://synergeticsounds.blogspot.com/2009/12/eileen-and-mike.html
    5) Florist - Leigh Florist - A+ Denise the owner was so great to work with.  I *loved* my flowers on my wedding day!!  Denise knew exactly what I wanted and was always willing to be price conscious as well. 
    6) Limo - Leggs limo - A My hubby and I really just needed a limo to take me and my MOH to the church and then me and hubby to the reception.  So, I have to be honest and say that I went with Leggs because they were most reasonably priced out of all the places I called.  They were great and I would def use them again.  The car was nice and clean, they were on time and our driver was nothing but nice.
    7) Dresses - Yours Forever Bridal - A+  I love the women who work at Yours Forever.  We got my dress, my mother's dress and my MOH (I didn't have any other BMs) dress there and they were wonderful.  Nancy the owner was so nice to me - I am not a small girl and she was so flexible with waiting as late as possible to order the dress to give me as much time to lose weight as possible.  Alterations were great, customer service was great - I would go there again in a heartbeat but I don't plan to get married again!  :)
    8)  Hair/makeup - Karen Capcino - A+  Karen *rocks*!!  She did an awesome job with my hair and makeup and she is soooo sweet!  It is *so very nice* to have someone come to the house to do everyone's hair and makeup the day of the wedding.  
    9) Tuxedos - Yours Forever Bridal - B.  For as much as I loved the women at Yours Forever and they did an outstanding job with our dresses, they kind of botched things with the tuxes.  Forgot to get Hubby's shoes, got the wrong shirts and my FIL's tux didn't fit.  They did take care of everything and all was good for our wedding day but there were def some bumps in the road with tuxes.  I think dresses are really their forte.
    10) Wedding prep - Boot camp at Breakthru Fitness - A+  The day after I found my dress I started boot camp at Breakthru Fitness in Medford and I worked my butt off - literally!!!  I lost 25 pounds and 11 inches by going to boot camp and changing how I ate.  I met an awesome group of people and love boot camp!  I am still doing it!  I am addicted and I *never* thought I would say that about any form of exercise!
    Ok - that was long!!!!!  Hope this helps all of you brides to be!  Happy planning girls!  And again - thank you to all of you who supported me during my planning process.
    Just got an email from my photog - my proofs are ready!!!  Yay!!!
  • cmaygrlcmaygrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eileen, You look BEAUTFUL!!  You look just soo happy!  The
    pictures are great! 
    Congratulations to you & your hubby for a wonderful life together.  My countdown will be 5 months on the 22nd.  I will be having a beach wedding in Cape May.  I can't wait!! 
    I do not know how to download pix, but after the wedding, I will have to learn because I would love to share them.
    Again, congratulations!
  • lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second this!!!  Her wedding was AWESOME!  I particularly loved the Westin! 

And her bootcamp is awesome too!  I am in it with her and ***LOVE*** it!!!
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards