Pre-wedding Parties

Need help with Bridal Shower ideas

Okay so I am the maid of honor in my cousins wedding which I am totally excited for, I love him like a brother and his fiancee is the best bride ever...I was talking to her about the wedding shower and she said her mom is making her have one but she isn't sure how she should go about doing it when she doesn't really need very much (register wise) what are some unique ideas that I could throw out there for guests so they don't have to necessarily bring a gift?

Re: Need help with Bridal Shower ideas

• If the bride doesn't need very much or doesnt' want to register, the best thing would be to forgo hosting a shower for here.  These a typically (physical) gift giving events meant to "shower" a bride with gifts.

To celebrate the bride (and your cousin), you could offer to host a lunch or a tea in her honor instead.  If you word the invitations to be "Please join us at a lunch in honor of Bride's upcoming wedding to Cousin" or "You are invited to an afternoon tea in honor of Bride and her upcoming marriage to Cousin" you are subtly telling guests that the event you host is not a traditional shower.  You would not mention the registry on the invites.
    Anniversary

• edited August 2012
    I like the idea of changing the wording to let guests know it's a time to hang out and celebrate - but not necessarily the traditional route with gifts. A game day could be fun - Wii, card games, Apples to Apples etc.

Or if guests want something a little different - and esp if it's more so a wedding shower for the couple together - my FI just put together a beer brand guessing game for my friend's shower this past weekend. Got 11 different beers served one type at a time - people have to try to guess which brand is which (they get the full list) and we gave out prizes. Both girls and guys played!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards