Georgia-Savannah

June too hot for an outdoor wedding and reception?

Hey everyone!!

So, my boyfriend and I literally just got engaged Friday, but everyone is already dying to know when the big day is actually going to be. Now, we both know that we'd love a completely outdoors wedding, and it's been my dream for a long time to have it at my parents house. They live in Southeast Georgia, where the humidity and heat can be down right sinister. I would LOOVEE to have the big day on June 11 (exactly a year from when he proposed). But I'm concerned; would having an oudoors wedding in Southeast Georgia (more like Waverly than Savannah) at the beginning of June be cruel to our guests? I mean, July and August are bloody awful down there! I'd like to avoid April and May because I'm a dance teacher which means Recital will rule my world. September could work, but it'd have to be late, and I like Summer better! Ahhh! So many things to consider.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks!
Love-
Paige

Re: June too hot for an outdoor wedding and reception?

• iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm in Savannah.  It is 100 degrees today.  Granted, that is not normal for us, but you really never know.  I wouldn't do it outside between June and mid September.  Not only do you have to worry about the heat, but we also get afternoon thunderstorms and the bugs are awful. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

Hello and how are you doing ? I am in Savannah and I have been here for 29 years. I would never get marrried in June. I hate the heat anyway ... It was 80 degrees at 6am this morning ...lol .. when did yall meet ? maybe you could do it on that day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Congratulations on your engagement!

I live in Savannah now as well and would pronably not reccomend an outdoor ceremony and reception in the middle of June. As stated before, high temperatures (in the 100's) and thunderstorms are probably what you will end up with.

Although, if you absolutely love the outdoor feeling and June, you may consider a tented ceremony/reception where you can provide shade and air conditioning. An evening wedding would probably be a little more feasible as well.

Good luck in planning your dream wedidng. I hope you find an answer!

• edited December 2011
    Too hot too humid too buggy. I grew up on St. Simons and am going back and having my wedding in February! April-October was out of the question :p
  • edited December 2011
    we are getitng married outside on june 11 since we couldnt do it earlier in the year...too many family in school still. we actually went to the spot this year to see what it would be like and pushed our ceremony time back to 430 when it was cooler. our location is all in shade and then the reception will be indoors.  We are providing fans and water bottles for all of our guests. so find out maybe where the sun will be, if the ceremony in short enough and late enough it may work!  We have high hopes for our day and think it will turn out perfect.  good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards